This course provides the solid foundational skills required for Tableau Desktop Specialist certification. It’s for anyone who works with data, regardless of analytical background.
Who should attend
This is the official training course for Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification. This course is for the beginning Tableau user. You'll learn important Tableau Desktop concepts, techniques for simple and complex visualizations and interactive dashboards in preparation for your exam. Skills are taught in two days of in-class instruction plus additional self-paced eLearning.
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface/paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
- Cross Tabs
- Pie and bar charts
- Geographic maps
- Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
- Heat maps
- Highlight tables
- Scatter plots
Outline: Tableau Desktop I Fundamentals (TTDTAB006)
1 - Agenda
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available