Data is everywhere. Most job roles today involve some form of data management. Virtually everyone is affected in some way by the need to manage data. A relational database application such as Microsoft Access can help you and your organization with this task. This course is the first part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access. This course focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports. This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
Who should attend
This course is designed for students looking to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Access for Office 365, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
To ensure success in this course, students should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites. Experience in another Microsoft Office product such as Excel is recommended.
In this course, students will create and manage an Access database. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate within the Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
- Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
- Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
- Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
- Create and format custom reports.
Outline: Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 1 (91144)
Module 1: Working with an Access Database
- Launch Access and Open a Database
- Use Tables to Store Data
- Use Queries to Combine, Find, Filter, and Sort Data
- Use Forms to View, Add, and Update Data
- Use Reports to Present Data
- Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
Module 2: Creating Tables
- Plan an Access Database
- Start a New Access Database
- Create a New Table
- Establish Table Relationships
Module 3: Creating Queries
- Create Basic Queries
- Add Calculated Columns in a Query
- Sort and Filter Data in a Query
Module 4: Creating Forms
- Start a New Form
- Enhance a Form
Module 5: Creating Reports
- Start a New Report
- Enhance Report Layout