In this course, you will learn about the different components that make up the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and the security challenges these environments present, including high availability (HA), autoscaling, and softwaredefined networking (SDN) connectors, and how to manage traffic in the cloud with Fortinet products.
This course is intended to help you prepare for the Fortinet NSE 6 - Cloud Security 7.0 for AWS certification exam. This exam is part of the Fortinet Certified Professional - Public Cloud Security certification track.
Who should attend
Anyone who is responsible for the deployment or day-to-day management of Fortinet solutions on AWS should attend this course.
General knowledge of IaaS vendors and experience with FortiGate and FortiWeb VMs.
AWS Prerequisite To run the labs on AWS, students must have their own AWS accounts with the following:
- Valid payment method registered on the account
- Ability to subscribe to FortiGate PAYG and FortiWeb PAYG products on AWS Marketplace
- Capacity for at least four elastic IPs and 10 vCPUs in a single region
- Permissions to create the following:
- EC2 instances
- Security groups
- Lambda functions
- AIM users
- Elastic load balancers
- Autoscaling groups
- Cloud formation stack deployments
The estimated cost per student for running the lab, if done within the specified lab times and everything is deleted at the end, is USD 10 per day.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of the public cloud
- Understand AWS basic concepts
- Review AWS components
- Identify AWS security
- Describe the traffic flow in AWS
- Distinguish between different licenses in AWS Marketplace
- Deploy Fortinet products in AWS
- Configure the load balancer
- Identify FortiGate native active-passive HA
- Deploy FortiGate active-active HA with AWS ELB
- Understand how to use Fortinet GitHub
- Understand FortiGate AWS SDN integration
- Identify Fortinet WAF solutions for AWS
- Understand FortiGate autoscaling
Outline: Cloud Security for AWS (AWS-CDS)
- 1. Introduction to the Public Cloud
- 2. AWS Concepts
- 3. High Availability and Load Balancer
- 4. Fortinet Solution for AWS