This course teaches you the knowledge and skills required to perform a host of tasks related to securing and protecting applications and systems within an organisation.
Our experienced instructors will teach you to configure threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation.
Cyber security analytics vastly improves your threat visibility by focusing on network behaviour, including an organisation’s interior network. These threats are better detected through analytics.
Section 1: Threat Management
- Module 1: Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes
- Module 2: Given a scenario, analyse the results of a network reconnaissance
- Module 3: Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure
- Module 4: Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment
Section 2: Vulnerability Management
- Module 1: Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process
- Module 2: Given a scenario, analyse the output resulting from a vulnerability scan
- Module 3: Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets
Section 3: Cyber Incident Response
- Module 1: Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behaviour to determine the impact of an incident
- Module 2: Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during an investigation
- Module 3: Explain the importance of communication during the incident response process
- Module 4: Given a scenario, analyse common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response
- Module 5: Summarise the incident recovery and post-incident response process
Section 4: Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Module 1: Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures
- Module 2: Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management
- Module 3: Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls
- Module 4: Given a scenario, use application security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Module 5: Compare and contrast the general purpose and reasons for using various cybersecurity tools and technologies
Who should attend
This course is aimed at cyber security professionals with at least two to three years of on-the-job experience.
Prior to attending the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), you are expected to have:
- The Network+ or Security+ certification - or equivalent knowledge
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience
On this accelerated CySA+ course you will focus on the following four cyber security domains:
- Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets
The training incorporates hands-on practical work in the form of virtual labs and software tools. This approach will accelerate your learning and will help retain your new found knowledge.