Cisco Wi-Fi 6
Wi-Fi 6 is ready to power entirely new mobile experiences today, offering faster speeds for immersive-experience applications and more device and IoT capacity for high-density environments such as university lecture halls, malls, stadiums, and manufacturing facilities.
What is Wi-Fi 6?
Wi-Fi 6 is the latest step in a journey of nonstop innovation from Cisco. It builds on the strengths of 802.11ac while adding both flexibility and scalability that lets new and existing networks power next-generation applications. Wi-Fi 6 couples freedom and high speed with the reliability and predictability we find in licensed radio. Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11ax, provides more speed, lower latency, and increased device density.
Benefits of Wi-Fi 6
- 4x faster speeds than previous Wi-Fi standards
- Improved user experience
- Increased performance of bandwidth-heavy apps (ie voice & video)
Beyond Wi-Fi 6
- Gain intelligence that's gathered, analyzed, and used to run your network more efficiently through Cisco DNA Assurance.
- Automatically separate and secure IoT devices from your enterprise network with Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access).
- Identify new top-line revenue growth opportunities for your business with Cisco Smart Buildings and Spaces. Additionally, this program provides a roadmap on how to initiate and scale your own service delivery practice, cover key domain knowledge, and even sales acceleration activities around the growing opportunities.
- While Wi-Fi 6 focuses on indoor coverage, 5G focuses on outdoor coverage and OpenRoaming - connecting us seamlessly from an indoor environment to an outdoor environment.
As wireless demands increase and include more IoT devices, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) handles more data across the airways than previous Wi-Fi standards. It also handles more active clients per access point.
Wi-Fi 6 Resources