Aligning strategy with execution is critical to any organization’s success and a key aspect of Scaled Agile Framework®. With a Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) approach, you can collaborate across silos, empower teams, and organize around value to adapt to what customers want, faster.
The Lean Portfolio Management course helps executives, project management officers (PMOs) and other key stakeholders plan dynamically and be flexible enough to adjust initiatives and budgets as the market changes. The LPM course provides the guidance and tools attendees need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. You’ll learn how to connect portfolio strategy and initiatives to the agility planning and execution of work, how to integrate feedback from participatory budgeting, and how to adapt to change while maintaining your funding vision and roadmap.
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe Studio with your first class attendance
- Complete LPM Practice Guide to help plan and execute a successful LPM adoption
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to perform better as part of an Agile Team
- Lean Portfolio Manager certification exam
- Access to the optional Getting Started with LPM Workshop
Who should attend
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function. Examples include:
- Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and VPs)
- Enterprise architects
- Product managers and solution managers
- Business unit managers
- Program office personnel
- SPCs and enterprise Agile coaches
- Human resources
- Epic Owners
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge. However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- How to connect the portfolio to the enterprise
- How to maintain portfolio vision and roadmap
- How to establish Lean budgets and guardrails
- How to create portfolio flow
Lean Portfolio Management answers the questions:
- How do I connect strategy to execution?
- How do I manage flow and solve perpetual overload?
- How can I fund and govern dynamically?
- How does Lean Portfolio Management fit into SAFe?