From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft Visio provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, students will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
Who should attend
This course is designed for persons who are new to Visio and who will be using Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting.
To ensure success, students will need to be familiar with using personal computers, including a mouse and keyboard. Students should be comfortable in the Windows 10 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
In this course, students will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
Outline: Microsoft Visio 2019: Part 1 (91153)
Module 1: Getting Started with Visio
- Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Work with Visio Global Options in the Backstage View
- Save a File
- Work with Visio for the Web
Module 2: Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Insert Callouts and Groups
Module 3: Building Organization Charts
- Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
- Modify an Organization Chart
Module 4: Designing a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
Module 5: Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Module 6: Designing a Network Diagram
- Create Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
Module 7: Styling a Diagram
- Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Apply Themes and Variants
- Use Containers