This course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9.
This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to configure and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a single-server environment. You learn how to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single computer configuration. In addition, you learn how to work with features of WebSphere Application Server V9, such as the wsadmin scripting interface, security, and performance monitoring.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you practical experience with the skills you develop in the lectures.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
Who should attend
This course is designed for administrators who configure and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, application developers and deployers, security specialists, and application architects can also benefit from this course.
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public, and hybrid clouds, and traditional on-premises environments
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Relate WebSphere Application Server to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V9
- Describe the use of WebSphere Application Server in cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises environments
- Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Use wsadmin scripting
- Configure WebSphere Application Server security
- View performance information about server and application components
- Troubleshoot problems by using problem determination tools and log files
Outline: WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (WA590G)
Course introductionWebSphere product family overviewWebSphere Application Server architecture - stand-aloneExercise: Profile creationWebSphere Application Server administrative consoleExercise: Exploring the administrative consoleIntroduction to the PlantsByWebSphere applicationApplication assemblyExercise: Assembling an applicationApplication installationExercise: Installing an applicationProblem determinationExercise: Problem determinationIntroduction to wsadmin and scriptingExercise: Using wsadminWebSphere securityExercise: Configuring WebSphere Application Server securityExercise: Configuring application securityPerformance monitoringExercise: Using the performance monitoring toolsCourse summary