FortiMail - NSE 6 - Email Security (FORTIMAIL)
In this three-day class, you will learn how to use FortiMail to protect your network from existing email-borne threats, an you will learn how to integrate with FortiSandbox to detect and block emerging threats.
In interactive labs, you will explore the role of FortiMail as a specialized device, and how its features extend beyond FortiGate email filtering to provide both high-performance and in-depth security for business-critical communications.
You will analyze email security challenges that administrators of small businesses and carriers face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail.
Certification- This course prepares candidates for the FortiMail Specialist exam. The FortiMail Specialist exam counts toward one of the four NSE 6 specializations required to get the NSE 6 certification.
System Requirements- If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
One of the following:
- HTML 5 support
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
- You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
Who should attend
Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiMail should attend this course.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security concepts
- Experience with SMTP, PKI, SSL/TLS, RADIUS, and LDAP is recommended
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection (ATP)
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
- Diagnose common email-related and FortiMail-related issues
- This course covers gateway and server mode in depth. This course also covers transparent mode, however, if you require a course on the use of transparent mode in carrier environments, you should order customized training.
Outline: FortiMail - NSE 6 - Email Security (FORTIMAIL)
- Email Concepts
- Basic Setup
- Access Control and Policies
- Session Management
- Antivirus and Antispam
- Content Inspection
- Securing Communications
- High Availability
- Server Mode
- Transparent Mode
- FortiMail Troubleshooting
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Online Training Time zone: Europe/Paris *|
|Online Training Time zone: Europe/Berlin Course language: English|