On-demand learning and Red Hat certification exams in one subscription
With the accelerated pace of technology development, teams are under increased pressure to have the skills to develop, maintain and optimize modern IT infrastructure. To be successful, they need to be supported by a learning solution that is flexible, prescriptive, and reliably up to date.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard offers unlimited access to Red Hat training content that span the entire Red Hat product and technology portfolio, and a wide range of topics such as automation, app development, and hybrid cloud management. A subscription allows users to develop multiple skills with a broad curriculum. The self-paced courses integrate recorded instructor-led videos, text based ebooks, and hands-on labs to cater to different learning styles.
If you’re ready to start today, sign up for a free trial of Red Hat Learning Subscription.
50% of the courses in Red Hat Learning Subscription were added or updated in the past year. (Red Hat internal data)
Certification exams are included with Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard. These performance-based exams validate skills and prove readiness to tackle even the most ambitious projects. Additional resources round out the learning experience, such as cloud-based labs to provide hands-on practice in real Red Hat environments. Expert chat gives the opportunity to discuss questions and concepts with instructors one-on-one. On-demand short videos have Red Hat expert practitioners demonstrate innovative technologies and practices based on real-world use cases. Skills paths and pre-assessments provide guidance on course selection. Reporting capabilities provide visibility into progress and justify budget dollars spent on training.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard is a comprehensive solution designed to support the skill development of IT professionals, from those just beginning their career to experienced professionals.
Red Hat Training and Certification produces results
The Business Value of Red Hat Training, an IDC study, revealed that using Red Hat training provided an average return of US$43,800 per year per employee, which equals US$5.71 million per organization. The study also found that these companies see an increase in DevOps team productivity, faster deployment of new IT resources, and more efficient IT infrastructure teams. The quantified benefits of Red Hat training are:
- 365% 3-year ROI.
- 10X increase in staff competent with Red Hat OpenShift®.
- 44% higher DevOps team productivity.
- 34% more efficient IT infrastructure teams.
- 59% faster to deploy new IT resources.
A second IDC study, The Business Value of Red Hat Certification, found that certified employees were better able to use containers, Kubernetes, and other technologies to support more agile and effective development activities. The research also found that certified staff are able to work on more complex and important projects, perform better, and are known to have higher levels of skills and expertise. Some of the quantified benefits of Red Hat certification include:
- 409% 3-year ROI.
- 47% more virtual machines per staff member.
- 24% more productive development teams.
- 23-51% faster deployment of IT infrastructure.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard benefits
- 24x7 access to Red Hat self-paced training: Content is created by Red Hat experts who build and use Red Hat technology. Training content is directly related to Red Hat certification exams.
- Early access to new content: Be the first to explore in-development technology before it is officially released by accessing courses and labs in development.
- Cloud-based labs: Access the same labs as in the classroom for hands-on practice in authentic Red Hat environments, delivered 24x7 on six contents.
- Skills paths: Map your learning and certification goals to one of the skills paths inside the platform to develop a strong foundation for a specific skill set.
- Certification exams: Validate your skills through performance-based exams. Whether remotely or at a testing station, exams can be taken when and where it is most convenient.
- Expert extras: Red Hat field practitioners present short demo videos to supplement courses by showing innovative technologies and practices based on actual use cases.
- Expert chat: Get direct answers and guidance from curriculum experts via a 30-minute chat session per day. Machine translations provide chat dialogue in local languages.
- E-books: Download course e-books to continue learning offline.
- Reporting: The user dashboard provides a summary of course and lab usage to track progress. Management reports are available to provide visibility into team metrics.
- Globally available, translated content: Access Red Hat's most popular courses in as many as 11 languages: English, International Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, and Czech.
Localized content for a global audience
In today’s globalized landscape, it is more important than ever for teams in all regions to have training available in their local language. With Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard, globally dispersed teams can have access to the same training content, 24x7, from anywhere.
Red Hat is continuously improving and expanding translations to increase global accessibility of training materials. Using a combination of machine learning and human editing ensures accurate localization of the content. Videos within the course use machine translations to subtitle instructor-led lessons into other languages. Expert chat uses machine software to translate so non-English speakers can converse with Red Hat-certified instructors for guidance.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard translated content
- Written course content: There are currently 50 courses in the subscription. Most are translated into eight core languages: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese. We also have some courses in Hindi, traditional Chinese, and Czech.
- Video content: Translations are available for all available videos within the courses,, including Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- Expert chat: Machine learning translations are provided for: English, International Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.