Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
Do you know how to assess the vulnerability of a network and help prevent attacks before they happen? Do you know how to perform WLAN security audits and implement compliance monitoring solutions? Do you have experience setting up Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WISPS)?
Today’s wireless network security professionals need to have a deep understanding of the latest software, tools, trends and technologies available. Security professionals are often counted on to advise on security policies (i.e. password and acceptable use). Plus, these experts are responsible for configuring an entire network’s Security Design and Architecture.
Measure your skills and knowledge with this professional-level certification and get on track toward ultimately earning your Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE) certification. Those that pass the CWSP exam earn credit towards a CWNE certification.
Main areas covered by CWSP
- WLAN Discovery Techniques
- Intrusion and Attack Techniques
- 802.11 Protocol Analysis
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS) Implementation
- Layer 2 and 3 VPNs used over 802.11 networks
- Enterprise/SMB/SOHO/Public-Network Security design models
- Managed Endpoint Security Systems802.11 Authentication and Key
- Exam Objectives
- Enterprise/SMB/SOHO/Public-Network Security Solution Implementation
- Building Robust Security Networks from the ground up
- Fast BSS Transition (aka. Fast/Secure Roaming) Techniques
- Thorough coverage of all 802.1X/EAP types used in WLANs
- Wireless LAN Management Systems (WNMS)
- Authentication Infrastructure Design Models
- Using Secure Applications
- 802.11 Design Architectures
- Implementing a Thorough Wireless Security Policy
The CWSP certification is a professional level wireless LAN certification for the CWNP Program. To earn a CWSP certification, you must hold a current and valid CWNA credential. You must take the CWSP exam at a Pearson Vue Testing Center and pass with a 70% or higher. Instructors must pass with a 80% or higher. However you choose to prepare for the CWSP exam, you should start with the exam objectives, which cover the full list of skills tested on the exam.
Recommended training for this certification
If you are looking to take and pass the CWSP Certification Exam, we recommend the following Training:
CWSP Exam Summary:
- Exam Number: CWSP-206
- Cost: $250.00 (USD) - Exam Voucher
- Availability: Pearson Vue Testing Centers
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Questions: 60 multiple choice
- Language: English
The CWSP certification is valid for three (3) years. To recertify, you must have a current CWNA credential and pass the current CWSP exam. By passing the CWSP exam, your CWNA certificate will be renewed for another three years.