Gigamon Certified Professional (GCP)
The security posture adopted by today’s enterprises must fundamentally change. It is no longer a question of if your organization will be breached but when it will be breached. The Gigamon Certified Professional (GCP) certification program has been designed to validate a participant’s knowledge regarding the use of Gigamon products to help secure enterprise networks.
As a GCP you will be able to implement Gigamon products such as the GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform using best practices to help improve enterprises’ security posture against today’s ever-changing cyber threats.
To receive GCP status, candidates must pass the GCP certification test. Candidates first must have extensive experience as a network security expert, and specialized knowledge relating specifically to Gigamon product implementation. This specialized Gigamon product knowledge may be gained by taking the Gigamon Certified Professional Bootcamp (GCPB), which is offered for a fee via the Gigamon Premium Training Partner (PTP) network.
This program will appeal to:
- All end users of Gigamon products
- Security operations professionals and architects
- Network operations professionals and architects
- Professional service and system integrations specialists
- Network and security administrators and architects
The certification test is comprised of 90 multiple choice questions based on scenarios a professional may encounter when implementing Gigamon products. Participants must correctly answer at least 70 percent of the questions in order to receive certification under the program.
35% of the questions will cover general security, networking and cloud knowledge, while the remaining 65% percent will cover specific knowledge relating to the implementation and configuration of Gigamon products that provide pervasive visibility into data in motion in physical, hybrid and virtual infrastructures.
Questions will be drawn at random from a question pool with each test weighted approximately as follows:
Discipline / Percent of Questions
- Security / 45%
- Networking / 40%
- Cloud / 15%
Product Knowledge / Percent of Questions
- Inline Arrangements – Design / Configure / 20%
- GigaSMART – Design / Configure / 20%
- Flow Mapping / 30%
- Installation / Setup / 10%
- Updating / Upgrading / 10%
The test will be delivered through a remote proctoring test service, which will let you take the test from anywhere in the world, if you have internet connectivity, with a working webcam and microphone.
Once the delegate starts the test they have 2 hours to complete as many questions as they can answer in that time.
Certification test fees will be $250 USD per test attempt. Vouchers for certification tests will be orderable through Gigamon. Candidates will receive pass or fail notifications within 48 hours of completing the test. Candidates who fail the test may re-take it, provided they purchase an additional certification test voucher each time.
To purchase vouchers, contact the education services department at email@example.com.
Exams and recommended training
Preparing for the Test
We recommend taking the Gigamon Certificated Professional Boot Camp prior to taking the GCP certification test. The boot camp includes five days of training with hands-on labs, in-person or remote classes, and an option to take the GCP certification test (sold separately) at the end of day five.
Upon Successful Completion of the Certification Test
Successfully completing and maintaining the GCP certification validates that you have significant knowledge in the implementation and configuration of Gigamon products that help provide pervasive network visibility into on-premise, virtual and cloud environments.
Redeem Your Gigamon Education Services Voucher
When you are ready to take your exam, go to GCPExam to complete your registration and accept the Terms and Conditions.
You are required to complete the exam in one session.
Please review the system requirements here before you register for the test to ensure you have the required setup to complete the test successfully.
Click here for information on how to access the exam.
Vouchers expire twelve (12) months following date of shipment.
Term of Certification
The GCP certification will be valid for a period of two years, after which it will expire unless it is successfully revalidated. At the end of the two-year term, you can revalidate your certification by passing a refreshed test, which will focus on changes in the disciplines of security, networking and cloud, as well as on Gigamon products and capabilities.
Value of this certification
Enable faster and more effective use of a Gigamon next generation packet broker Reduced time to adoption for security and monitoring solutions across an organization Reduced time-to-resolution for security and monitoring problems Increased confidence for critical security infrastructure management