Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA)
A Red Hat® Certified JBoss® Administrator (RHCJA) possesses the skills, knowledge, and abilities required to install, configure, and manage Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and to deploy and manage applications on that platform.
RHCJA was previously titled JBoss Certified Application Administrator (JBCAA).
An RHCJA is capable of performing the following tasks:
- Installing and running an instance of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Configuring multiple instances
- Configuring JBoss web connectors
- Deploying applications
- Configuring web properties for deployed applications
- Configuring logging
- Configuring access control
- Configuring Java™ Virtual Machine (JVM) properties
- Removing unnecessary services
- Configuring XA and non-XA data sources
- Configuring a database management system (DBMS) security domain
- Configuring a cluster using Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Creating a clustered Java Message Service (JMS) queue
- Configuring load balancing and failover
The following audiences may be interested in earning RHCJA certifications:
- Application server administrators
- Application administrators
- Application developers
- Deployment managers
- System architects
- Quality assurance engineers
Earning a Red Hat certification gives you:
- Recognition in the industry.
- Increased customer confidence.
- Proof of knowledge and skills.
- Certification verification tool for employers.
- Use of the certification logo on business cards.
- Ability to access multiple Red Hat Certificated Professional (RHCP) online communities (like Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Access to Red Hat Certification Central website, so you can:
- Download a certification logo.
- Purchase Red Hat certification gear.
- Participate in RHCP forums.
- List your online profile under your certification number.
- Use the Red Hat Certified Professional job search.
- Special offers on training and events.
Certification program requirements:
- The RHCJA Certification Exam consists of 1 section lasting up to 4 hours.
- The exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how someone might perform those tasks.
- Real-world experience is the best preparation for this hands-on exam.
- RHCJA is considered current for 3 years from the date it was issued. See recertification policies for more information.
- Read more about the !RH-EX248.
Recommended training for this certification
In preparation to earn an RHCJA certification, Red Hat recommends the following:
Training: To achieve certification, students must pass these Exams
- RHCJA Exam Objectives (JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6)