Analyzing Data with Power BI (20778)
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
Who should attend
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data at course completion
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
Outline: Analyzing Data with Power BI (20778)
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Data Analysis
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Data Visualization
- Lesson 4: Overview of Self-Service BI
- Lesson 5: Considerations for Self-Service BI
- Lesson 6: Microsoft Tools for Self-Service BI
- Lab: Exploring an Enterprise BI Solution
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
- Lesson 1: Power BI
- Lesson 2: The Power BI Service
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Dashboard
- Lesson 1: Using Excel as a Data Source for Power BI
- Lesson 2: The Power BI Data Model
- Lesson 3: Using Databases As a Data Source for Power BI
- Lesson 4: The Power BI Service
- Lab: Importing Data into Power BI
- Lesson 1: Power BI Desktop Queries
- Lesson 2: Shaping Data
- Lesson 3: Combining Data
- Lab: Shaping and Combining Data
- Lesson 1: Relationships
- Lesson 2: DAX Queries
- Lesson 3: Calculations and Measures
- Lab: Modeling Data
- Lesson 1: Creating Power BI Reports
- Lesson 2: Managing a Power BI Solution
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Report
- Lesson 1: Cloud Data
- Lesson 2: Connecting to Analysis Services
- Lab: Direct Connectivity
- Lesson 1: The Developer API
- Lesson 2: Custom Visuals
- Lab: Using the Developer API
- Lesson 1: Power BI Mobile Apps
- Lesson 2: Using the Power BI Mobile App
- Lesson 3: Power BI Embedded
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date