IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager (10965)
This five day, hands-on course will provide you with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager locally or in the cloud.
Effective IT Service Management includes process-driven methodologies that cover a broad spectrum of IT functions. This can include change management, incident and problem management, and release management. Although no organization typically adopts any single IT Service Management methodology most organizations, depending on their size and nature of business, will adopt a combination of processes and functions from many different IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) or MOF (Microsoft Operations Framework). In this course you will learn many of the ITIL and MOF best practices and procedures in delivering effective IT Service Management and how System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager can be used to implement them in your organization.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Cloud and Datacenter Administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in the cloud or their datacenter. This course will also help Cloud and Datacenter Administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012
- An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL and MOF
- Describe Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Install Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Describe Service Manager usage cases.
- Configure base settings in Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Configure Incident and Problem Management.
- Configure Activity, Change, and Release Management.
- Configure and Manage Service Requests.
- Automate business processes with Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Configure Service Level Management.
- Customize The Self-Service Portal.
- Use Reports and Analyze Data in Service Manager.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and disaster recovery in Service Manager.
- Customize Service Manager Forms.
Outline: IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager (10965)
Module 1: Service Management Overview
- Business Drivers Behind IT Service Management
- Introduction to Microsoft System Center 2012 R2
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Overview and Key Features
- Adopting ITIL/MOF Best Practices with Service Manager
- Aligning IT Service Management Requirements to Service Manager
Module 2: Installing System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Architecture and Core Components
- Hardware, Software and Security Requirements
- Planning and Sizing a System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Deployment
- Installing System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Installing and Configuring the Service Manager Self-Service Portal
- Overview of the Service Manager Console
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 Service Manager
Module 3: Key Concepts and Features
- Overview of Management Packs
- Overview of the Service Manager CMDB
- Managing Activities
- Managing Workflows
- Managing Templates
- Security and User Roles
Module 4: Configuring Service Manager For Your Environment
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Initial Configuration
- Configuring Business Services
- Configuring Access for your Support Teams
- Configuring Notifications
Module 5: Integrating Service Manager with the Hybrid Cloud
- Integrating Service Manager with Active Directory and other System Center Components
- Integrating Service Manager with Exchange
Module 6: Managing Incidents and Problems
- The Definition of an Incident and a Problem
- Managing Incidents
- Managing Problems
- Using Queues and Views with Incidents and Problems
Module 7: Managing Changes and Releases
- Managing Change Requests
- Managing Release Records
Module 8: Configuring and Managing the Service Catalog
- The Service Catalog, Request Offerings and Service Offerings
- Managing Service Requests and Catalog Groups
- The Self-Service Portal
Module 9: Automating Business Processes with Orchestrator
- Overview of Orchestrator
- Configuring Runbooks in Orchestrator
- Configuring Integration between Orchestrator and Service Manager
- Creating a Request Offering in Service Manager to Initiate a Runbook in Orchestrator
Module 10: Configuring Service Level Management
- Configuring Service Level Management
- Viewing Service Level Agreement (SLA) Information in Service Manager
Module 11: Using Reports and Analyzing Data in Service Manager
- Running Reports in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Configuring and Running Data Warehouse Jobs
- Troubleshooting failed Data Warehouse Jobs
- Data Warehouse Cubes
Module 12: Advanced Troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery
- Performing Advanced Troubleshooting in Service Manager
- Performing Disaster Recovery in Service Manager
Module 13: Creating Forms and Items in Service Manager Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool
- Key Concepts in Creating and Customizing Forms in the Service Manager Authoring Tool
- Creating New and Customized Forms by Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool
- Install System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Upgrade to System Center 2012 Service Manager
- Configure Service Manager for StockTrader and DinnerNow
- Configure Service Manager for Your Environment
- Configure Connectors in Service Manager
- Configure Incident and Problem Management
- Configure Change and Release Management
- Configure Service Requests
- Automate IT Processes in Service Manager
- Configure Service Level Management
- Configure Reports and Analyzing Service Manager Data
- Perform Disaster Recovery in Service Manager
- Create Customized Forms by Using the Authoring Tool
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date