ITIL® 4 Overview (ITILV4OVERVIEW-AT)
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for IT Service Management (ITSM) by many public & private organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on functions and processes under versions 1 and 2 to a full Service Lifecycle Management (v3/2011) to now focusing on a Service Value System under the current version.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® now emphasizes the following areas:
- The role of IT Service Management capabilities in digital transformation initiatives
- Value and value co-creation between the IT service provider and its customers
- Guiding principles that apply to all stakeholder relationships, all initiatives and in support of Continual Improvement activities
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management, used to ensure holistic service management
- The Service Value System approach to IT Service Management, and how the IT Management Practices enable service delivery
- IT Service Management’s complementary fit with other popular IT best practices
No prerequisite required for this program There is no certification exam associated with this course
A copy of the instructor’s presentation will be distributed to the participants.
Who should attend
IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of the latest ITIL® 4, as well as understand the differences with previous ITIL® versions:
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers
This course introduces the latest ITIL® 4 concepts and explains the major differences with earlier versions of ITIL®.
Outline: ITIL® 4 Overview (ITILV4OVERVIEW-AT)
An effective and engaging lecture designed at achieving a clear understanding the new ITIL® 4 key concepts:
- Part 1: The origins and evolution of ITIL®
- Part 2: A few important concepts and definitions
- Part 3: ITIL® Service Value System
- Part 4: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Part 5: The ITIL® Management Practices
- Part 6: The major differences between ITIL® versions
- Part 7: Critical success factors in the implementation of ITIL® best practices
- Part 8: ITIL® training / education and documentation
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.