ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program (ITILV4BRIDGE-AT)
This course is intended to provide existing ITIL® v3/2011 certificate holders with an overview of the latest version of the IT Service Management best practice: ITIL® 4. This course provides an introduction to ITIL 4 and how the global service management best practice has evolved to manage services holistically across a Service Value System (SVS), with a specific focus on the differences between ITIL® 4 and previous versions of ITIL®. After the training day, students will review the complete material set in preparation for their online, remote-proctored ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate exam.
The purpose of the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification is to introduce the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show how organizations and work can improve with the ITIL® 4 guidance. The qualification will provide the candidate with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working. This ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the higher ITIL® 4 qualifications.
- Students must hold an existing ITIL® v3/2011 certification in order be prepared to sit the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam
- Students will receive an exam voucher that allows them to schedule their ITIL® 4 Foundation exam for a convenient date / time / location – the exam will be remotely proctored
- To receive ITIL® 4 Foundation certification, the candidate must successfully pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam:
- 40 multiple choice questions , 60 minutes, closed book’ examination
- Passing mark is a minimum of 65% (26 out of 40)
- Exam is available in English - candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total
- The supporting book: ITIL Foundation, ITIL 4 Edition, (AXELOS, TSO, PDF and Print ISBN13: 9780113316076) is recommended but not mandatory reading for this course
Who should attend
This “bridging” course is specifically designed for existing ITIL® v3/2011 qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge and to gain the understanding of version changes to a level where they are prepared to sit the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam.
This course is based on the ITIL® 4 Foundation material. It will be delivered with a focus on what’s changed from the previous ITIL® v3/2011 Foundation material. This course will not teach ITIL® v3/2011 Foundation basics that have not changed in ITIL® 4. The students will receive complementary training material that covers the ITIL® 4 Foundation topics not discussed in the classroom for their exam preparation study. The course includes:
Part 1: Key Service Management Concepts
- An overview of the major changes between ITIL® v3/2011 Foundation material and the latest ITIL® 4 Foundation version
- Understand the key concepts of service management
Part 2: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
Part 3: ITIL® Service Value System Organization structure
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL® service value system
Part 4: Governance
- Basic understanding of how governance is integrated into the ITIL® service value system
Part 5: ITIL® Guiding Principles
- Understand how the ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
Part 6: ITIL® Service Value Chain
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
Part 7: Continual Improvement
- Understand the Continual Improvement activities
Part 8: ITIL® Practices
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL® practices and understand the details of 7 of these ITIL® practices
Part 9: Exam Review and Course Closure
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.