In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for the centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices.
In interactive labs, you will explore deployment strategies, which include single or multiple ADOMs, device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installing configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard distribution server, and troubleshooting the features that are critical to day-to-day use after you deploy FortiManager.
This course is intended to help you prepare for the Fortinet NSE 5 - FortiManager 7.2 certification exam. This exam is part of the Fortinet Certified Professional - Network Security certification track.
Who should attend
Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of FortiGate security policies using the FortiManager platform.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager
- Understand FortiManager API and meta fields
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access by using workspaces and workflow mode
- Use provisioning templates for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Understand the Fortinet Security Fabric with FortiManager
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Manage the firmware of supported devices centrally
- Offer a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues
Outline: FortiManager (FORT-MANAGER)
- 1. Introduction and Initial Configuration
- 2. Administration and Management
- 3. Device Registration
- 4. Device-Level Configuration and Installation
- 5. Policy and Objects
- 6. Global ADOM and Central Management
- 7. Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- 8. Additional Configuration