The Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals instructor-led course prepares participants with foundational skills in Network Access Control using the ClearPass product portfolio. This 3-day course includes instructional modules and hands-on labs to lead participants through the implementation and configuration of a ClearPass Network Access Control solution. This course is the first of two sections in the complete ClearPass Essentials course, and is designed to build the learner’s foundational knowledge in authentication and access control using ClearPass.
This course is primarily focused on ClearPass fundamentals, but provides the basics on the device configuration required when considering the interaction between the Network Access Control Device and ClearPass. Participants will learn how to configure access control logic within the Policy Manager. Understand how to use ClearPass Guest to configure a convenient yet secure public access network. Participants will also explore device profiling. In addition, this course covers integration with external Active Directory servers and Monitoring.
Intro to ClearPass
- Basic Concepts of Network Access Control
- ClearPass Use Cases
Authentication, Authorization, Accounting
- Authentication Basics
- Multi-Level Client Authorization
- Radius Accounting
- Configuration of Authentication Sources Including LADP and Active Directory
- Configuring Network Access Devices
- Configuring Email Messaging Servers
- Aruba Security Exchange Integration
- Integration with Enterprise Mobile Managers
- Device Type Identification
- Profiling Collectors
Roles and Enforcement.
- Introduction to Services
- Implementation of Enforcement Logic.
- ClearPass Role Assignment
- Service Selection Logic.
- Implementation of Effective Services in ClearPass
- Wired Access Control
- Enforcement on Wired Networks.
- Endpoint Profiling on Wired Networks
Configuring Web Services
- Custom Web Content
- ClearPass Skins Web Templates
- Custom Informational Webpages
Introduction to Guest
- Guest Access with Captive Portal.
- Web-Based Authentication
- Guest Access with MAC Caching.
- Guest Account Management
Guest Access with Self Registration.
- The Self-Service Guest Access Experience.
- Configuring a Self-Registration Portal.
- Configuring Self-Registration with Internal Sponsorship
Who should attend
Ideal candidates include network administrators who are looking to build their foundational knowledge of the ClearPass product portfolio. This course would be beneficial for customers who are seeking greater knowledge of the ClearPass product that they have purchased. We recommend that students have at least an understanding of basic access layer networking, the function of ACL’s and firewall rules.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Set up ClearPass as a AAA server
- Configure authentication sources including integrating with Microsoft Active Directory
- Build effective access enforcement policies
- Understand and troubleshoot 802.1X access services
- Configure custom informational webpages
- Configure a personalized guest access solution including, simple web logins as well as self-service guest access.
- Understand how to configure a simple wired access solution using ClearPass.