VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict (VCOPS)
- Web-based Training including several FREE modules that support this course
About this Course
VMware vCenter Operations Manager is an automated operations management solution that provides integrated performance, capacity, and configuration management for highly virtualized and cloud infrastructure. VMware vCenter Operations Manager is purpose-built for VMware administrators to more effectively manage the performance of their VMware environments as they move to the private cloud.
Students of our VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict course will receive the following key benefits:
- Learn how to get actionable intelligence to automate manual operations processes
- Increase your management visibility across infrastructure and applications for rapid problem resolution
- Ensure optimal resource utilization for cloud infrastructure performance
- Learn about the vCenter Operations Manager feature changes that can be used to manage policy and groups
- Learn the integration USE cases where vCenter Operations Manager can be used to perform enterprise group management
- Facilitate your company's journey to the managing clouds
Who should attend
- Data Center Engineers
- Data Center Operations Professionals
- Cloud Administrators
- System Administrators
- System Integrators/Partners
- Hands-on experience administering vSphere 5 deployments is required
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (Version 6.0) (VICM) is recommended
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course and it's labs you should be able to:
- Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
- Use these badges to find root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
- Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
- Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
- Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
- Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
- Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
- Articulate the use case for the new policy structure in vCenter Operations Manager and how it can be used to define configuration settings for objects in a vSphere environment.
- Work with groups to classify virtual objects in logical and business-related structures and how to apply them to policies.
- Define new use cases based on the optimized integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ products like VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™, VMware® vFabric™ Hyperic®, VMware® vCenter™ Infrastructure Navigator™, and other adapters.
Outline: VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict (VCOPS)
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: Introduction to VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Understand the role of operations management in the cloud era
- Understand the vCenter Operations Management Suite and its packaging
Module 3: Architecture and Concepts
- Understand the data collection methodology of the vCenter Operations Manager architecture
- Learn how vCenter Operations Manager collects data
- Master the main components of the dashboard view
- Navigate the objects tree and understand the badge pane
Module 4: Working with Dashboards and Badges
- Understand the functions of major and minor badges
- Use the Health major badge
- Use the Risk major badge
- Use the Efficiency major badge
- Use the Operations tab to navigate to details
Module 5: Analyzing with Heat Maps
- Work with predefined and custom heatmaps through the Analysis tab
Module 6: Working with Smart Alerts
- Configure and use smart alerts
- Set up email notifications
Module 7: Working with Capacity Planning and Reports
- Schedule, use, and export predefined capacity management reports
- Perform what-if analyses
Module 8: Installing and Configuring vCenter Operations Manager
- Understand and meet preinstallation requirements
- Install vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure vCenter Operations Manager to gather data from its environment
Module 9: VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite Update
- Discuss the VMware management suite solution and products
- List the key components and capabilities of vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Describe the main features available in each of the vCenter Operations Management Suite products and editions
Module 10: VMware vCenter Operations Manager v5.6 Changes
- Discuss configuration of policies and groups
- Identify basic use cases and benefits from using policies and groups
- Make changes to the vCenter Operations Manager 5.6 configurations
- Explain changes to badges, metrics, and reports in version 5.6 of vCenter Operations Manager
Module 11: Integration with Other VMware Products
- Identify use cases for the integration of additional vCenter Operations Management Suite products
- Discuss integration with vCenter Operations Manager for group management
- Learn about new dashboard badges in vCenter Operations Manager
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing email@example.com.
|Mar 23-24, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Bogota *|