VMware vCloud Automation Center Foundation (VCACF)
- Web-based Training including several FREE modules that support this course
About this Course
This training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing the VMware vCloud® Automation Center™. This course covers the configuration and use of the VMware vCloud Automation Center platform to develop self-serviced provisioning and create on-demand private and public cloud services.
Who should attend
- System Administrators
- Cloud Administrators
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Administrators
- Operational Developers
The knowledge and skills that you must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Understanding of virtualization, hypervisors, and public cloud
- Understanding of VMware vSphere®
- Understanding of different types of virtualization (cloning, creation, WIM provisioning, and so on)
The knowledge and skills that you should have before attending this course are as follows:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (Version 6.0) (VICM) or equivalent knowledge.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Configure and manage provisioning groups and blueprints for provisioning logic.
- Configure and manage enterprise groups and reservations for physical allocation.
- Provision virtual resources of differing types.
- Manage virtual resources.
- Understand the role-based authentication that controls VMware vCloud Automation Center access.
- Use the REST interface to easily obtain virtualization metadata.
- Understand VMware vCloud Automation Center workflows.
- Understand the VMware vCloud Automation Center components in a best-practices installation context.
- Extend VMware vCloud Automation Center by using a Windows PowerShell script.
Outline: VMware vCloud Automation Center Foundation (VCACF)
Module 1: vCloud Automation Center Overview
- Corporate Overview
- Product Overview
Module 2: Resource Provisioning
- Provisioning Overview
- User Authentication
- Self-Service Provisioning
- Self-Managing Virtual Machines
- Blueprints – Provisioning Instructions
- Reservations – Allocating Compute Resources
- Custom Properties
Module 3: Workflows
- Workflow Introduction
- vCloud Automation Center Models and Workflows
- Extensibility Through the Design Center
Module 4: Snapshots and Linked Clones
- Working with Snapshots
- Working with Linked Clones
Module 5: vCloud Automation Center Installation, Configuration, and Troubleshooting
- vCloud Automation Center Installation
- vCloud Automation Center Basic Configuration
- Configuration for Provisioning
- Virtual Machine Management
- vCloud Automation Center Troubleshooting
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date