Veritas Netbackup 7.5 for Windows: Administration (NBUW75)
About this Course
This Symantec NetBackup 7.5: Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on the functionality of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 software. This course covers the general principles of using NetBackup to develop and implement a storage management strategy, including how to:
- Install, conf igure, and operate NetBackup 7.5.
- Manage NetBackup using the graphical interfaces,commands, and scripts.
- Provide service protection and recovery.
- Use the NetBackup Activity Monitor, NetBackup reports, and OpsCenter to monitor NetBackup activity.
Components of the Training Bundle
- Instructor-led training ( ILT)
- On-Demand Instructor-Led Training (video)
- Symantec Certif ication Exam voucher
For descriptions of these training components, view training details page on the Symantec Education website.
Who should attend
This course is for entry-level system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for the installation, configuration, design, operation, monitoring, and performance optimization of NetBackup.
Students must be familiar with the administration and configuration of the platforms that are covered by the course.
What You Will Learn
This course provides instruction on NetBackup 7.5 and covers how to develop and implement a storage management strategy. At the completion of the course, you w ill be able to:
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprise computing environments.
- Describe the functions of the master, media, and EMM servers and clients.
- Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
- Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify NetBackup opt ions and agents.
- Install and verify NetBackup.
- Use the NetBackup Administration Console and OpsCenter.
- Describe the various tape and dis k storage types.
- Configure tape-based devices and volume pools; perform a robot inventory.
- Configure basic disk storage units and AdvancedDisk pools.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Perform manual backups.
- Restore files using the BAR GUI and OpsCenter operational restore.
- Monitor NetBackup backup and restore jobs and perform basic troubleshooting and information-gathering steps related to failing jobs.
- Describe the various methods of backup image duplication.
- Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate jobs that use SLPs.
- Back up and recover the NetBackup catalogs.
- Monitor NetBackup using the NetBackup Activity Monitor, NetBackup reports, and OpsCenter.
- Conf igure and manage dis k pools.
- Opt imize f ile system bac kups using incremental backups, file system snapshots, multiplexing, synthetic backups, and multiple data streams.
- Identify backup requirements for application backups, database backups, and virtual machine backups.
- Identify the resources available for troubleshooting NetBac kup.
- Use the nbcplogs utility to gather NetBackup debug logs and NBSU data.
Outline: Veritas Netbackup 7.5 for Windows: Administration (NBUW75)
- Introduction to data protection
- The NetBackup environment
- NetBackup concepts
- NetBackup options and agents
- Preparing for NetBackup installation and configuration
- Using the pre-installation utility
- Installing your NetBackup environment
- Installing NetBackup clients
- Verifying your NetBackup installation
Using the NetBackup Administrative Interfaces
- The NetBackup Administration Console
- NetBackup OpsCenter
Configuring Tape Storage and Media
- NetBackup storage concepts
- Configuring tape devices
- Configuring media
- Verifying tape storage
Configuring Disk Storage
- Basic NetBackup storage
- Configuring basic NetBackup disk storage
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Verifying disk storage
- Additional NetBackup storage concepts
Configuring File System Backups
- Introduction to backup policies
- Configuring file system backup policies
Performing File System Backups and Restores
- Performing manual backup operations
- Performing restore operations
- Backup and restore job tips
Protecting Backup Data
- Backup duplication concepts
- Using Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Introduction to NetBackup Vault
Protecting the NetBackup Configuration
- Introduction to NetBackup catalogs
- Managing images
- Performing catalog backup and recovery operations
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Catalog-related tips
- Monitoring NetBackup jobs
- Monitoring NetBackup activity
- Managing jobs
- Monitoring NetBackup health
Managing and Optimizing Tape Storage
- Managing robots and tape drives
- Managing shared tape devices
- Monitoring media and media states
- Managing tapes and media utilization
- Media- and device-related tips
Managing and Optimizing Disk Storage
- Comparing disk storage features
- Managing basic disk and DSSU
- Managing AdvancedDisk and disk pools
- Disk-related tips
Optimizing File System Backups
- File system backup concepts
- Using incremental backups
- Introduction to file system snapshots
- Using multiple data streams
- Optimizing tape drive performance using multiplexing
- Using synthetic backups
- Using FlashBackup
Introduction to Enterprise Backups
- Application protection concepts
- Database backup concepts
- Enterprise application backup concepts
- Virtual machine protect ion concepts
Working with Support
- Support resources
- NetBackup processes, services, and daemons
- Using the nbcplogs utility
- Configuring NetBackup debug logging levels
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date