Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.0: For Users (EDISC8U)
About this Course
The Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8.0: For Users course is designed for legal professionals that perform Electronic Discovery on Electronically Stored Information.The course is designed to be delivered over three (3)days. It concentrates on the Preservation, Analysis, andProduction stages of the Electronic Discovery ReferenceModel (EDRM).
Who should attend
This course is for customers, support engineers, consultants, and partners who need to maintain and use the Symantec eDiscovery Platform. The course is designed for the users of the Symantec eDiscovery Platform, such as; Attorneys or Paralegals who perform eDiscovery legal hold, searches and export or productions.
There are no required prerequisites. To get the most out of the training session, however, Symantec strongly suggests that you have a basic understanding of electronic discovery and the Symantec eDiscovery Platform.
What You Will Learn
- Explain how data is discovered and collected.
- Describe early case assessment and data culling.
- Describe Symantec eDiscovery basic and advanced search capabilities.
- Setup and send Legal Hold Notices.
- Manage Legal Holds.
- Perform a variety of searches.
- Organize data with tags and folders.
- Review setup and management.
- Perform redaction.
- Use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature for documents containing imbedded text.
- Understand reporting and exception handling.
- Print, export, and produce documents in Symantec eDiscovery.
- Describe the basics of Transparent Predictive Coding.
Outline: Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.0: For Users (EDISC8U)
Module 1: Introduction to Electronic Discovery
- Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery)
- EDRM overview
- How data is discovered and collected
Module 2: Introduction to Symantec eDiscovery
- Symantec eDiscovery appliance overview
- Symantec eDiscovery Login and UI fundamentals
- All Cases area and create new cases
- High-level workflows with Symantec eDiscovery
Module 3: Legal Holds and Sending Hold Notices
- Overview of legal hold
- Creating and sending hold notices
- Send Custodian Notice
Module 4: Customizing Notices and Managing Confirmations
- Customizing notice language and surveys
- Managing custodian confirmations
Module 5: Legal Hold Tracking and Management
- Legal hold tracking and release
- Setup and maintenance activities
Module 6: Tags and Folders
- Bulk operations
Module 7: Document List, Filters and Analytics
- Document List page
- Search filters
- Analysis tools
Module 8: Advanced Searching
- Advanced search
- Keyword search
- Saved search
- Concept search
- Audio Search
Module 9: Review Mode and Review Management
- Review mode
- Review management
Module 10: Exporting Data: Native Only and Metadata Exports
- Export workflow
- Metadata export
Module 11: Creating and Exporting Productions
- Production definition and workflow
- Creating productions
- Exporting productions
Module 12: Transparent Predictive Coding Survey (Optional)
- Basics of Transparent Predictive Coding