Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning + EX442 (RH443)
Limited Time Offer
Get 15% off all Red Hat training for a limited time when you enroll in a class using promo code: “REDHAT15OFF”.
About this Course
Red Hat® Enterprise Performance Tuning teaches senior Linux® system administrators about performance tuning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.This course discusses system architecture with an emphasis on:
- Understanding the implications on system performance.
- Methods for testing the effects of performance adjustments.
- Open source benchmarking utilities.
- Methods for analyzing system and networking performance.
- Tuning configurations for specific application loads.
This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning Exam (EX442). This version of the course includes the exam.
Who should attend
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience.
What You Will Learn
During this course, you will learn:
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, HPC, large memory, database, file server, and so on)
- Tuning for power consumption
- Tuning virtual machines (host and guest)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning CPU and memory utilization using cgroups
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes
Outline: Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning + EX442 (RH443)
Module 1: Introduction to performance tuning
- Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
Module 2: Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data
- Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
Module 3: General tuning
- Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
Module 4: Limiting resource usage
Module 5: Hardware profiling
- Understand and analyze hardware.
Module 6: Software profiling
- Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
Module 7: Small file tuning
- Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
Module 8: Large memory workload tuning
- Understand memory management and tuning.
Module 9: Tuning for a CPU-intensive workload
- Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
Module 10: File server tuning
- Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
Module 11: Database server tuning
- Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
Module 12: Power usage tuning
- Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
Module 13: Virtualization tuning
- Tune 'host' and 'guest' for efficient virtualization.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing email@example.com.
|May 15-19, 2017||Munich *|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Munich *|
|Mar 6-10, 2017||Paris *|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Rome *|