RH436-Bundle: Red Hat High Availability Clustering + EX436 (RH437)
About this Course
The intensive, hands-on Red Hat® Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management course covers storage management, the Red Hat High Availability Add-On, and the shared storage technology delivered by Red Hat Global File System 2 (GFS2) and Red Hat Storage Server.
Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this 4-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This course can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management exam (EX436). This version of the course includes the exam.
Who should attend
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availablity clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared-storage technologies
- RHCEs interested in earning Red Hat Certificates of Expertise, as well as Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialists (RHCDS) and Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCA)
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- RHCE certification is required to take the exam (EX436) or to enroll in a version of this course that includes the exam (RH437).
What You Will Learn
During this course, you will learn:
- Install and configure the Red Hat High Availability Add-On.
- Create and manage highly available services.
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing.
- Configure GFS2 file systems.
- Configure XFS® file systems.
- Work with the Red Hat Storage Server.
Outline: RH436-Bundle: Red Hat High Availability Clustering + EX436 (RH437)
Module 1: Clusters and storage
- Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
Module 2: ISCSI configuration
- Set up and manage iSCSI.
Module 3: UDEV
- Learn basic manipulation and creation of udev rules.
Module 4: Multipathing
- Combine multiple paths to SAN devices into one fault-tolerant virtual device.
Module 5: Red Hat high-availability overview
- Learn the architecture and component technologies in the Red Hat® High Availability Add-On.
Module 6: Quorum
- Understand quorum and quorum calculations.
Module 7: Fencing
- Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
Module 8: Resources and resource groups
- Understand rgmanager and the configuration of resources and resource groups.
Module 9: Advanced resource management
- Understand resource dependencies and complex resources.
Module 10: Two-node cluster issues
- Understand the use and limitations of two-node clusters.
Module 11: LVM management
- Review LVM commands and Clustered LVM (CLVM).
Module 12: Global File System 2
- Understand the GFS2 file system and use tools to create, maintain, and troubleshoot it.
Module 13: XFS
- Explore the features of the XFS® file system and tools required for creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
Module 14: Red Hat Storage
- Work with Gluster to create and maintain a scale-out storage solution.
Module 15: Comprehensive review
- Set up high-availability services and storage.