Red Hat High Availability Clustering (RH436)
Limited Time Offer
Get 15% off all Red Hat training for a limited time when you enroll in a class using promo code: “REDHAT15OFF”.
About this Course
The intensive, hands-on Red Hat® Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management course teaches storage management, the Red Hat High Availability Add-On, and the shared storage technology delivered by Red Hat Global File System 2 (GFS2) and Red Hat Storage Server.
Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this four-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This course also helps you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in High Availability Clustering Exam (EX436).
Who should attend
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availablity clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
- RHCEs interested in earning Red Hat Certificates of Expertise, as well as Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialists (RHCDSs) and Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCAs)
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- RHCE certification is required to take the exam (EX436) or to enroll in a version of this course that includes the exam (RH437).
What You Will Learn
During this course, you will learn to:
- Install and configure the Red Hat High Availability Add-On.
- Create and manage highly available services.
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing.
- Configure GFS2 file systems.
- Configure XFS® file systems.
- Work with the Red Hat Storage Server.
Outline: Red Hat High Availability Clustering (RH436)
Module 1: Clusters and storage
- Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
Module 2: ISCSI configuration
- Set up and manage iSCSI.
Module 3: UDEV
- Learn basic manipulation and creation of udev rules.
Module 4: Multipathing
- Combine multiple paths to SAN devices into one fault-tolerant virtual device.
Module 5: Red Hat high-availability overview
- Learn the architecture and component technologies in the Red Hat® High Availability Add-On.
Module 6: Quorum
- Understand quorum and quorum calculations.
Module 7: Fencing
- Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
Module 8: Resources and resource groups
- Understand rgmanager and the configuration of resources and resource groups.
Module 9: Advanced resource management
- Understand resource dependencies and complex resources.
Module 10: Two-node cluster issues
- Understand the use and limitations of two-node clusters.
Module 11: LVM management
- Review LVM commands and Clustered LVM (CLVM).
Module 12: Global File System 2
- Understand the GFS2 file system and use tools to create, maintain, and troubleshoot it.
Module 13: XFS
- Explore the features of the XFS® file system and tools required for creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
Module 14: Red Hat Storage
- Work with Gluster to create and maintain a scale-out storage solution.
Module 15: Comprehensive review
- Set up high-availability services and storage.
|Feb 13-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Mar 13-16, 2017||Lombard, IL *|
|Apr 10-14, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Apr 24-27, 2017||San Jose, CA *|
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Jul 24-27, 2017||Denver, CO *|
|Jul 31-Aug 4, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Sep 25-29, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Nov 13-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Jun 26-29, 2017||Helsinki Course language: English *|
|Apr 10-13, 2017||Paris *|
|May 15-18, 2017||Rome *|