Red Hat Security and Server Hardening + EX413 (RH414)
Limited Time Offer
Get 15% off all Red Hat training for a limited time when you enroll in a class using promo code: “REDHAT15OFF”.
About this Course
Red Hat® Server Hardening (RH413) builds on a student's Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience to provide an understanding of how to secure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system to comply with security policy requirements.
Many security policies and standards require systems administrators to address specific user authentication concerns, application of updates, system auditing and logging, file system integrity, and more. Red Hat Server Hardening provides strategies for addressing specific policy and configuration concerns. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Security and Server Hardening Exam (EX413). This version of the course includes the exam.
Who should attend
- Needs technical guidance on how to enhance the security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Responsible for implementing security policy requirements on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems consistently and in a reproducible, scalable way
- Must be able to demonstrate that systems meet security policy requirements
- Maintains continued adherence to security requirements, including management of security-critical operating system/software updates
- RHCE-level skills highly recommended
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification, or equivalent experience required.
What You Will Learn
During this course, you will learn:
- Review errata and apply them to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Use special permissions and file system access control lists.
- Manage users and password-aging policy requirements.
- Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management tools.
- Understand system auditing.
Outline: Red Hat Security and Server Hardening + EX413 (RH414)
Module 1: Track security updates
- Understand how Red Hat Enterprise Linux produces updates and how to use yum to perform queries to identify what errata are available.
Module 2: Manage software updates
- Develop a process for applying updates to systems including verifying properties of the update.
Module 3: Create file systems
- Allocate an advanced file system layout and use file system encryption.
Module 4: Manage file systems
- Adjust file system properties through security related options and file system attributes.
Module 5: Manage special permissions
- Work with set user ID (SUID), set group ID (SGID), and sticky (SVTX) permissions and locate files with these permissions enabled.
Module 6: Manage additional file access controls
- Modify default permissions applied to files and directories; work with file access control lists.
Module 7: Monitor for file system changes
- Configure software to monitor the files on your machine for changes.
Module 8: Manage user accounts
- Set password-aging properties for users; audit user accounts.
Module 9: Manage pluggable authentication modules (PAMs)
- Apply changes to PAMs to enforce different types of rules on users.
Module 10: Secure console access
- Adjust properties for various console services to enable or disable settings based on security.
Module 11: Install central authentication
- Install and configure a Red Hat Identity Management server and client.
Module 12: Manage central authentication
- Configure Red Hat Identity Management rules to control both user access to client systems and additional privileges granted to users on those systems.
Module 13: Configure system logging
- Configure remote logging to use transport layer encryption and manage additional logs generated by remote systems.
Module 14: Configure system auditing
- Enable and configure system auditing.
Module 15: Control access to network services
- Manage firewall rules to limit connectivity to network services.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing email@example.com.
|Jul 17-21, 2017||Munich *|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Paris *|
|Sep 4-8, 2017||Zurich *|