RH401-Bundle: Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management + EX401 (RH402)
Red Hat® Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems.
Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management Exam (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: This course is related to Red Hat Satellite 5. If you would like to train on version 6, see our Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course.
Who should attend
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management Exam (EX401)
- An RHCE certification or equivalent experience. Note: An RHCE is required to take the exam (EX401) or purchase a version of this course that includes the exam.
During this course, you will learn to:
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
Module 2: Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
Module 3: Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
Module 4: Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
Module 5: Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
Module 6: Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
Module 7: Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Module 8: Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
Module 9: Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
Module 10: Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
Module 11: Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
Module 12: Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
Module 13: Comprehensive review
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.