Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration (RH236)
Limited Time Offer
Get 15% off all Red Hat training for a limited time when you enroll in a class using promo code: “REDHAT15OFF”.
About this Course
This course is for senior system administrators and storage administrators who want to deploy scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud.You will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat® Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available CIFS and NFS using CTDB, unified file and object storage and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236).
Who should attend
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Explore geo-replication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
- Learn about snapshots
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin
Outline: Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration (RH236)
Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
Module 2: Explore the classroom environment
- Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
Module 3: Installation
- Install Red Hat Storage Server.
Module 4: Basic configuration
- Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
Module 5: Volume types
- Understand different volume types.
Module 6: Clients
- Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
Module 7: ACLs and quotas
- Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
Module 8: Extending volumes
- Grow storage volumes online.
Module 9: IP failover
- Configure IP failover using CTDB.
Module 10: Geo-replication
- Configure geo-replication.
Module 11: Unified file and object storage
- Configure Swift object access.
Module 12: Troubleshooting
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
Module 13: Managing snapshots
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Storage.
Module 14: Hadoop plugin
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin configuration.
|Jun 12-15, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern 4 days *|
|Aug 7-10, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern 4 days *|
|Nov 6-9, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern 4 days *|
|Apr 18-20, 2017||Paris *|
|Aug 21-23, 2017||Paris *|
|May 2-4, 2017||London *|