Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Development (JB453)
Red Hat® JBoss® Data Grid Development (JB453) focuses on the configuration of caches and manipulation of cache entries. Students will learn how to access caches in library and remote modes (clustered and non-clustered). In addition, students will learn how to secure data grids, encrypt data grid communications, and search the data grid.
Who should attend
- Java developers
- DevOps professionals who will administer Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Java programming skills
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio or Eclipse experience
- Understand data grids and Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
- Install Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
- Develop a cache-based application
- Access a remote cache
- Cluster caches
- Persist the cache
- Secure the cache
- Search the data grid
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Red Hat JBoss Data Grid overview
- Learn about the features and architecture of Red Hat JBoss Data Grid.
Module 2: Install Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
- Install Red Hat JBoss Data Grid and configure the development environment.
Module 3: Develop a cache-based application
- Code, compile, and test an application that uses the Red Hat JBoss Data Grid cache.
Module 4: Access a remote cache
- Access a cache with remote cache managers using a variety of connector types.
Module 5: Configure eviction and expiration of cache entries
- Evict and expire cache entries.
Module 6: Maintain cache integrity
- Maintain cache integrity with transactions and locking.
Module 7: Clustering caches
- Configure, manage, and optimize clustered caches.
Module 8: Persist the cache
- Back up the memory cache with a persistent cache store.
Module 9: Secure the cache
- Restrict access to cache managers and caches.
Module 10: Search the cache
- Query the cache elements using the Infinispan query features.
Module 11: Course review
- Continue practicing developing applications with caching using the material presented in this course.