SwitchYard Development with Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works (JB417)
About this Course
SwitchYard Development with Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse Service Works (JB417) is a hands-on, lab-based course that gives Java™ developers and architects an understanding of the SwitchYard product and its position within the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works Platform. SwitchYard provides facilities for creating, deploying, managing, and accessing services as expected with this service-oriented architecture (SOA) platform.
The course delivers an overview of JBoss Fuse Service Works and how SwitchYard fits within its components, followed by descriptions of several SwitchYard-supplied components that simplify service implementations, including JavaBean, Camel, Rules, and Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). This is followed by the description and usage of many gateways and bindings which permit the developers to interact between the SwitchYard environment and the "outside world." Examples of these gateway/bindings include HTTP, SOAP, SQL, REST, messaging (JMS), mail, and more. The next topics include the use of Validators and Transformations to mediate message content as it flows through an integration scenario, as well as testing/debugging techniques. Security is covered in a separate chapter of the course.
Who should attend
- Java developers and architects who need to learn how to implement applications that use service-oriented architecture (SOA) principles within the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works environment.
- Firm understanding of XML and Java, including Java developments tools like Maven and Eclipse via JBoss Developer Studio.
- Familiarity with some of the Integration technologies/tools is desirable, such as JMS, Camel, HTTP, JCA, SCA, FTP, SQL.
What You Will Learn
- Software architecture of SwitchYard applications: Composite, component, service, implementation, reference, and binding
- SwitchYard relationship to the JBoss Fuse Service Works product
- Creating and configuring SwitchYard services
- Creating local and remote references to SwitchYard services
- Component implementation technologies: CDI Bean, Java Connector Architecture (JCA), Camel routes, business process management (BPM)
- Gateway and binding technologies into and out of the SwitchYard environment, including HTTP, SOAP, SCA, REST, Java Message Service (JMS), File, SQL, HTTP, TCP/UDP, Mail, and others
- Security configuration support including SSL and SAML authentication
- Application debugging features (message tracing, Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio support, SwitchYard Runner) [/list
Outline: SwitchYard Development with Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works (JB417)
Module 1: Developing with SwitchYard
- Understand the major concepts which underlie the SwitchYard environment within JBoss Fuse Service Works, including the architecture of SOA-based applications.
- Installation of SwitchYard, creating a first application, use of Maven for development and testing, writing a jUnit test.
Module 2: SwitchYard component technologies
- Experience use of the various implementation technologies for SY Components, including CDI Beans, Camel routes, BPM, and Rules.
Module 3: SwitchYard gateways and bindings
- Observe the many gateways and bindings supplied by the base SwitchYard product, including SOAP, REST, HTTP, and SCA.
Module 4: Camel bindings
- Understand the many Camel-based mechanisms for interacting with the outside world including HTTP, SOAP, File, JMS, TCP/UDP, JPA, SQL, Mail, Schedule.
Module 5: Validation and transformers
- Use message validation and use transformers of message content such as Java, JAXB, JSON, and XSLT.
Module 6: Debugging
- Learn the debugging features of SwitchYard environment including message tracing, SwitchYard Runner, debugging a SwitchYard application from within JBoss Developer Studio, and writing a custom auditor.
Module 7: Security
- Gain the knowledge to configure security settings, ensure confidentiality over the wire for several bindings, and configure client authentication with a SAML assertion.
Module 8: SwitchYard and web apps
- Reference SwitchYard services in web application components.
|Jun 7-8, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|