Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I + EX248 (JB249)
Limited Time Offer
Get 15% off all Red Hat training for a limited time when you enroll in a class using promo code: “REDHAT15OFF”.
About this Course
Red Hat JBoss® Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
After completing this course, you should be prepared to take the !RH-RHCJA exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Who should attend
- System administrators who are both new to JBoss and have experience with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
- No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio required
What You Will Learn
- Install and run JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 in standalone mode and domain mode.
- Configure a domain.
- Deploy applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Configure the datasource subsystem.
- Configure Java™ Message Service (JMS) and HornetQ.
- Configure the logging subsystem.
- Configure the web subsystem.
- Implement application security in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Migrate JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Get an introduction to clustering.
Outline: Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I + EX248 (JB249)
Module 1: Overview of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Learn the concepts and terminology of JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform 6, and install and run a JBoss Enterprise Application Platform instance.
Module 2: Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in standalone mode
- Understand the directory structure of standalone mode and the standalone.xml configuration file, and deploy an application onto a standalone server.
Module 3: Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in domain mode
- Set up a domain, including a domain controller managing multiple host controllers. Also learn how to deploy an application onto a domain.
Module 4: Configure servers
- Define a server group on a host, add servers to a server group, and deploy an application to a server group.
Module 5: Use the CLI tool
- Learn how the command-line interface tool can be used to script administrative tasks.
Module 6: The datasource subsystem
- Understand database connection pools in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and how to configure the datasource subsystem. Learn how to deploy a Java™ Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver and define a datasource.
Module 7: The logging subsystem
- Configure the logging subsystem, including configuring the built-in handlers and loggers.
Module 8: The messaging subsystem
- Understand JMS and HornetQ, including how to define and configure connection factories and destinations (topics and queues).
Module 9: The security subsystem
- Configure the security subsystem, including securing the management interfaces, securing an application, and securing a JMS destination. Also learn how to define a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and database security realm.
Module 10: JVM configuration
- Configure the JVM for both standalone and domain modes.
Module 11: Migrating applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Understand classpath and module dependencies, JPA issues, updating security settings, and other tips on how to migrate an application to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
Module 12: The web subsystem
- Configure the HTTP and HTTPS Connectors, set up an SSL connection, and configure an AJP Connector.
Module 13: Introduction to clustering
- Set up JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 in a cluster in both standalone and domain mode.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mar 13-17, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||Munich *|
|Mar 27-31, 2017||Munich *|