Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet Exam (EX405)
Limited Time Offer
Get 15% off all Red Hat training for a limited time when you enroll in a class using promo code: “REDHAT15OFF”.
About this Course
The best preparation for this exam includes taking Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405). Attendance in the course is not required to take this exam, but we would highly recommend that you at least review the course objectives.
While attending Red Hat courses can be an important part of your preparation to take this exam, attending courses does not your guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of system administration skills and knowledge with a focus on Puppet and Red Hat Satellite 6. You will be required to perform a number of routine system administration tasks utilizing Puppet and you will be evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria.
Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you would perform on the job.
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet exam is a hands-on exam that lasts 3 hours.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405)
Learn to configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet.
Configuration Management with Puppet + EX405 (DO406)
Learn to configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet and take the accompanying exam to demonstrate your skills and knowledge to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems using Puppet and Red Hat Satellite Server.
Who should attend
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Experienced Linux systems administrators responsible for implementing DevOps practices
- An RHCE interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) credential
- Hold a current Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
- Have Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405) or equivalent experience
- Understand that actual system administration experience is also an important aspect of preparation for the exam
- Review exam objectives for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet exam
What You Will Learn
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Install and configure Puppet.
- Install Puppet servers.
- Install Puppet nodes.
- Register Puppet nodes to a Puppet server.
- Create and maintain Puppet manifests.
- Create new Puppet manifests.
- Debug existing Puppet manifests.
- Create Puppet modules.
- Create reusable modules.
- Create modules with classes, name spaces, variables, and conditionals.
- Create modules that install software on target nodes and deploy configuration files.
- Use Facter to obtain system information.
- Create custom facts.
- Use facts to change Puppet behavior.
- Create Git repositories.
- Create and perform simple management of a Git repository.
- Add files to a Git repository.
- Apply changes and commit changed files to a Git repository.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
- Create a Puppet repository on Red Hat Satellite.
- Install, configure, and deploy Puppet modules using Red Hat Satellite.
- Register Puppet clients to a Red Hat Satellite server.
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after restart without intervention.
- United States: US$ 400
|Aug 11, 2017||Reston, VA *|
|Oct 13, 2017||Atlanta, GA *|
|May 12, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Jun 30, 2017||Munich *|
|Apr 7, 2017||Helsinki Course language: English *|
|Jun 9, 2017||Milan *|
|Jun 16, 2017||Rome *|
|Jul 28, 2017||Zurich *|
|Jun 9, 2017||London *|