Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack Exam (EX310)
About this Course
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310) to consider taking the Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course. Attendance in this class is not required to take the exam.
While attending Red Hat Training courses can be an important part of your preparation to take this exam, attending the course does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any as preparation guides for any exams. Nevertheless, candidates may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful. Exam format
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Ceph Storage administration skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of routine administration and configuration tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria.
Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
This exam consists of 1 section lasting 3 hours. Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Who should attend
The following audiences may be interested in earning the RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack:
- Experienced OpenStack system administrators responsible for the planning or deployment of Red Hat Ceph Storage as a back end for OpenStack
- An RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack interested in earning a RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack credential
- An RHCE interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or RHCSA credential
Exam candidates should:
- Hold a current RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack certification at the time the exam is taken.
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) or have equivalent experience.
- Understand that real-world system administration experience is also an important aspect of preparation for the exam.
- Review exam objectives for the RHCE in OpenStack exam.
What You Will Learn
Red Hat recommends that candidates earn RHCSA before attempting this exam, but it is not required.
Note: To earn the RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack credential, you must be a RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack and also pass the RHCE in Red Hat OpenStack exam. While it is possible to take these exams out of sequence, Red Hat strongly recommends earning the RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack first.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should be able to do the following:
- Perform common administrative tasks on an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform installation
- Install and configure Red Hat Ceph Storage in a multi-node environment:
- Configure object storage devices
- Configure monitor nodes
- Configure Ceph block devices
- Create snapshots of Ceph block devices
- Configure and utilize the Ceph Calamari
- Integrate Ceph block devices with OpenStack services such as Glance, Cinder, and Nova
- Create and work with virtual network devices
- Provision tenant networks with DHCP agents
- Manage network ports and VLANs
- Create instances and attach them to specific VLANs
- Create and manage floating IP addresses
- Configure Load Balancing-as-a-Service (LBaaS)
- Troubleshoot virtual network devices
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
Duration 1 day
- United States: US$ 400
|Aug 25, 2017||Denver, CO *|
|Nov 13, 2017||Herndon *|
|Nov 13, 2017||Reston, VA *|
|Jun 2, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Sep 1, 2017||Munich *|
|Oct 13, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Jun 30, 2017||Paris *|
|Jul 7, 2017||Milan *|
|Aug 4, 2017||Rome *|
|Feb 2, 2018||Rome *|
|Feb 9, 2018||Milan *|
|Aug 11, 2017||Stockholm Course language: English *|
|Sep 15, 2017||Zurich *|
|Jun 16, 2017||London *|