Configuration Management with Puppet + EX405 (DO406)
This course includes Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet Exam (EX405).
About this Course
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
Who should attend
This course is for system administrators and cloud administrators responsible for the management of systems and cloud client systems on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Satellite.
You must have received an Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or have equivalent experience
What You Will Learn
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
Follow On Courses
Outline: Configuration Management with Puppet + EX405 (DO406)
- Module 1: Course introduction
- Module 2: Identify system administration functions in Puppet
- Module 3: Puppet architecture
- Module 4: Implement a Puppet manifest
- Module 5: Troubleshoot Puppet manifests
- Module 6: Implement Git
- Module 7: Find information with Facter
- Module 8: Implement Puppet modules
- Module 9: Implement relationships in a Puppet module
- Module 10: Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module
- Module 11: Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet
- Module 12: Implement Puppet
- Module 13: Implement external Puppet modules
- Module 14: Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment
- Module 15: Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6