OpenShift Enterprise Development (DO290)
About this Course
OpenShift Enterprise Development by Red Hat (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course will immerse you in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Through hands-on labs, you will implement user stories for an existing Java EE application and deploy the application to an OpenShift Enterprise instance. You will learn how to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Enterprise.
Who should attend
Application Developers (not necessarily Java EE developers) interested in creating OSE applications with automated unit/acceptance tests, deploying those applications using CI to an OSE instance.
- You should have general HTML and Java EE programming skills
- You should be a successful developer in one of the environments supported by OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat (Python, Ruby, JavaEE)
What You Will Learn
This course provides the knowledge necessary for you to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment. This course is part of a series of DevOps courses that center around the use of OSE to enable continuous delivery a key goal in the DevOps philosophy.
Outline: OpenShift Enterprise Development (DO290)
Module 1: Development Environment Review
- Describe the developer's tools, agile practices, and deployment environment that will be utilized in this course.
Module 2: Bookstore Application Review
- Become familiar with the course application architecture, features, and project layout.
Module 3: Introduction to OpenShift Enterprise
- Describe the features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
Module 4: Deploying Applications on OpenShift Enterprise
- Define, build, and deploy an application on OpenShift Enterprise.
Module 5: Implementing Continuous Integration
- Establish continuous integration with Jenkins.
Module 6: Managing OpenShift Enterprise Applications
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift Enterprise command-line interface.
Module 7: Creating Complex Deployments
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling.
Module 8: Troubleshooting Applications
- Use debugging and logs to troubleshoot problems with application performance or deployment issues.
Module 9: Customizing OpenShift Enterprise
- Create custom source image containers, templates, and builders.
Module 10: Course Review
- Practice the skills learned in this course.
|Jun 19-22, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Jul 17-19, 2017||Atlanta, GA *|
|Aug 21-24, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Oct 9-13, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern 5 days *|
|Nov 27-30, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Jun 12-14, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Jul 10-12, 2017||Munich *|
|Aug 14-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Europe/Berlin Course language: English *|
|Oct 23-25, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Jan 29-Feb 2, 2018||Berlin 5 days *|
|Aug 7-9, 2017||Paris *|
|Jul 17-19, 2017||Milan *|
|Jul 24-26, 2017||Rome *|
|Sep 4-6, 2017||Rome *|
|Jan 22-24, 2018||Rome *|
|Feb 26-28, 2018||Milan *|
|Aug 14-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Europe/Stockholm Course language: English *|
|Aug 21-23, 2017||Zurich *|
|Feb 12-14, 2018||Zurich *|
|May 30-Jun 1, 2017||London *|
|Jul 3-5, 2017||London *|
|Aug 14-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Europe/London *|