Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management + EX220 (CL221)
About this Course
This course will teach you how to manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments, install and configure Red Hat CloudForms, implement auditing and compliance policies, provision virtual machines and catalogs and run automation features. This course will help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management (EX220). This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) is a 4-day course that combines concepts from both Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Administration (CL216) and Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Operations (CL218). If you are interested only in administration or operations, please see either of those courses, respectively.
Who should attend
- IT professionals with Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalence system administration skills
- Infrastructure managers seeking to control, monitor and audit their infrastructures
- System and VM administrators seeking to manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
- System and VM administrators who already have a cloud deployment seeking to simplify management
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, vSphere, or Amazon EC2 is helpful, but not required
What You Will Learn
- Perform initial configuration of CloudForms appliance
- Deploy virtual machines
- Perform policy-based management
- Customize a dashboard
- Create a catalog
- Provision services
- Analyze timelines and events
- Run automations
Outline: Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management + EX220 (CL221)
Module 1: Architecture overview
- Learn about the Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine appliance architecture.
Module 2: Initial setup
- Deploy a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance.
Module 3: Configuration
- Configure a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance to work with your cloud environment.
Module 4: Provisioning
- Deploy a virtual machine (VM) with templates and customization.
Module 5: Policy-based administration
- Manage and audit VMs from within a policy.
Module 6: Reporting
- Report on VM and resource usage.
Module 7: User customizations
- Adapt the CloudForms interface to user needs.
Module 8: Manage the lifecycle
- Use the CloudForms lifecycle management features.
Module 9: Use intelligence
- Understand capacity and usage metrics.
Module 10: Exploit monitoring features
- Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
Module 11: Discover CloudForms Automate
- Execute automations to speed up delivery.
Module 12: Catalogs and services
- Define the catalog and services.
Duration 5 days
- United States: US$ 3,420
- Red Hat Training Units: 12 RTU
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing email@example.com.
|Aug 21-25, 2017||Munich *|
|Sep 4-8, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Stuttgart *|
|Jan 22-26, 2018||Stuttgart *|
|Jun 26-30, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||Paris *|
|Aug 21-25, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||Paris *|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Milan *|
|Oct 9-13, 2017||Rome *|