Red Hat Ceph Storage for OpenStack Technologies (CEPH130)
About this Course
Red Hat® Ceph Storage for OpenStack® Technologies (CEPH130) is part of the Emerging Technology series of courses from Red Hat Training. This course is designed for storage administrators or cloud operators who are intending to integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage into their OpenStack environment.
Red Hat Ceph Storage for OpenStack Technologies provides an overview of the Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture and its deployment. This includes deploying the Ceph Storage Cluster (based on RADOS), the Ceph Object Gateway (based on RADOSGW), and the Ceph Block Device (based on RADOS Block Device, or RBD). This course also covers integration with Glance and Cinder in Red Hat Enterprise Linux® OpenStack Platform and configuring Red Hat Ceph Storage as a replacement for Swift (integration with Keystone).
Who should attend
- This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and developers wishing to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment.
- IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create a Red Hat Ceph Storage RBD client
- Deploy the Red Hat Ceph Storage RADOSGW
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Glance
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Cinder
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Keystone
Outline: Red Hat Ceph Storage for OpenStack Technologies (CEPH130)
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to storage systems, overview of Ceph, explanation of Ceph design, architecture, and components.
- Overview of architectural requirements, role of core RADOS components, and Ceph Gateway (RADOSGW).
Module 2: Ceph block storage
- Understand Ceph Storage Cluster (RADOS) and Ceph Snapshots.
- Learn how to clone and cache with Ceph Block devices.
Module 3: Object storage
- Understand and configure RADOSGW instances.
Module 4: Ceph and OpenStack
- Identify OpenStack components and versions.
Module 5: Integrate Ceph with Glance
- Understand, locate, and integrate Glance image storage with Ceph RBD.
Module 6: Integrate Ceph with Cinder
- Understand, locate, and integrate Cinder with Ceph RBD.
Module 7: Ceph and RADOSGW replacing Swift
- Learn about Keystone and Swift and integrate with RADOSGW.