Project Management for Teams (PMT)
The project team is the engine that makes the project move. Every team gathers requirements, designs and builds the product and executes delivery to the customer. But truly effective teams do much more.
They fine tune estimates to ensure that project budget and schedule are realistic. They help the customer to define quality and then build that quality into the product. They are intent on delivering accurate status reports. They understand the need to control scope, ensuring that all proposed changes get adequate review. They understand the project plan and work to support it. They are the face of the project to the customer and carry the load of ensuring customer satisfaction.
Who should attend
Project team members, project managers, managers and supervisors of business staff involved in projects and anyone involved in choosing, managing and mentoring project team members. Prerequisites This course assumes only a minimum of experience in project work.
Team members who understand their full role in the project are better able to make a full contribution. This course helps project team members focus on the specific steps they can take to make their projects successful. Through a one day series of lectures and short exercises Project Management for Teams gives participants a much better understanding of why projects are structured and managed the way they are, and what they can do to have the greatest positive impact. Students learn:
- What a project plan is and why it is important
- How to provide meaningful estimates
- Why it is important to manage customer expectations
- How quality creates customer value
- The importance of scope control and how to do it
- Techniques for management of requirements
- How to make communication within the project more effective
- The importance of accurate status reports
- How Lessons Learned can help the project team
Duration: 1 day
- US$ 545