Controlling Project Risk: Managing Threats and Promoting Opportunities (MTPO)
Every project has issues. Issues are threats to a project that have materialized, and they can drain a project team of needed energy and time. Experience has shown us that proactive management of project risk can reduce the incidence and severity of issues by up to 90%. The advantages to this approach are enormous.
Every project has opportunities. Although common experience suggests that real project opportunities are few and far between, this is actually not correct. Projects are filled with opportunities, if we know how to look for them. Opportunities can lead us to lower cost, savings in time, higher quality and a happier customer.
Who should attend
This advanced PM course will be of value to project managers and team leads that are looking for guidance that is not found in the standard project management curriculum. Also managers of project managers, functional managers with project responsibility and Project Management Office staff will benefit from this course.
- Find solutions to problems that you face in your projects every day.
- The exercises in this project course will give you the hands on experience you need to put new tools to immediate use.
- Any experienced project manager can obtain insights that should help them solve common and persistent problems.
- All participants take home a set of tools and techniques to help them deal with all aspects of project planning and execution.
- Take this course and learn how to avoid the problems that project managers most often encounter.
- During this Project Management training you can learn how to avoid or manage some of the problems that project managers most often encounter in their projects.
Have you ever wondered where project issues come from? Have you ever delivered great technology only to find that the supposed "customer" wants no part of it? Have you ever wondered what to do when asked for an estimate in the face of woefully inadequate information? Have you ever wondered why, if project risk can be positive as well as negative, that you never see opportunity? These are just a few of the intriguing questions answered during this fascinating four day course. .
Advanced Project Management for the Experienced Practitioner is an advanced project management course that deals with some of the most wide-spread, persistent and troubling project issues that we face today. This PM course is intended for those who understand standard project management practice and are ready to move to the next level of project performance.
This program of training assumes experience in the role of project manager. It is not required that attendees complete any specific project management course in advance of the program, but completion of Effective Project Management or Project Management for Technical Professionals is helpful.
- Source of project success and failure – Dealing with the Human Element
- Distinguishing project and business objectives
- Business Value: the hidden success factor
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Organizational Adoption – Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Complete and Correct Requirements
- Winning the Estimation Game
- Rational Management of Baselines
- How to Choose Project Metrics that Make Sense
- Creating Opportunity in Your Projects
- Project Transition: Delivering the Goods
- Defining and measuring project success
- A highly experienced instructor will use interactive lecture format, numerous hands-on exercises, team activities, group discussions, individual discovery and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material.
- We will build on your prior experience in this topic, while providing you with best practice and numerous advanced tools and techniques that you can put to use as soon as you get home.
- You will receive a Student Guide which will help you follow the material, take notes and retain what you learned so that you can apply it on your job.
- Training includes instruction in the use of advanced Project Management templates.
Duration: 4 days
- US$ 2,095
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request