People in Projects: Foundation for Project Success (FPS)
Who should attend
This advanced PM course can benefit Project Managers, Managers of Project Mangers, Functional Managers and Executives with project responsibility, Project Management Office staff.
- Even experienced project managers can obtain insights that will help them solve common and persistent problems.
- People in Projects delves into areas of project management that, although seldom discussed, are nonetheless central to project success. Take home a whole new set of tools and techniques.
- Take this PM training and learn what you can do to ensure that your projects get off to a great start and stays there all the way to the finish line.
- PMP®s can move beyond PMBOK® theory to find solutions to problems that they face in their projects every day.
- The exercises in this project course will give you the hands on experience you need to put new tools to immediate use.
People are the ultimate source of project success and failure. This has been documented over and again in the CHAOS Study by the Standish Group. While capable of great accomplishments, people are also the usual cause of project failure through unrealistic expectations, poor communication, lack of executive support, inadequate customer involvement and much more. If we are to make our projects reproducibly successful, we must find solutions to these problems.
This advanced Project Management course moves beyond the standard project management curriculum by speaking directly to the primary causes of project success and failure. Every topic provides insight into root cause and then presents steps that participants can take to turn potential weakness into a source of strength. Participants are led through a series of exercises, each of which contributes to a Personal Action Plan. They leave with concrete, actionable plans that they can use to overcome obstacles, energize their work environment, and leverage the skills and aspirations of everyone involved in their project.
This PM course assumes familiarity with basic project management concepts as well as some experience in the planning and execution of projects.
Learning Objectives include:
- Learn factors that can make or break a project or program
- Bring a Business Perspective into your projects
- Appreciate the importance of the project environment
- Understand the true value in each project role
- Discover how to hold effective meetings in your organization
- Learn how everyone can win the Estimation Game
- Discover how to make Opportunities appear in a sea of project risk
- Fighting resistance to change; obtaining Organizational Adoption
- Find out how to turn Lessons Recorded into Lessons Learned
- Learn what you can do to create a Culture of Success
- A highly experienced instructor will use interactive lecture format, numerous hands-on exercises, team activities, group discussions, individual discovery and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material.
- We will build on your prior experience in this topic, while providing you with the structure and vocabulary of an effective project management practice to use in all of your future projects.
- If you have modest project management knowledge, you will find that the clarity of the material and direct presentation style of the instructor will make the subject matter easy to understand.
- You will receive a Student Guide which will help you follow the material, take notes and retain what you learned so that you can apply it on your job.
- Training includes instruction in the use of advanced Project Management templates.
Duration: 4 days
- US$ 2,095
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request