Effective Project Management (EPM)
Who should attend
Project managers who are looking for an update on core concepts and techniques, newly assigned project managers and team leads, managers of project managers, functional managers with project responsibility, and Project Management Office staff.
- Experienced project managers will discover a vocabulary and framework that lends structure and perspective to the wealth of experience they already have.
- If you are new to project management, the exercises in this PM course will give you hands on experience with primary techniques required to manage a project.
- All participants take home a set of tools and techniques to help them deal with all aspects of project planning and execution.
- Project Management Training presents a variety of tools and techniques that you can use in almost any work that you do.
- This Project Management course will show you how to avoid many of the problems that project teams most often encounter.
When we allow Project Management training to focus only on passing an exam, we do not necessarily provide what is needed for the actual work at hand: managing projects. What we need is PM training that focuses on those concepts, tools and techniques that actually help us to get the job done. When we leave the course we want to feel as though we can immediately use what we've just learned. Where can we find such training?
Effective Project Management provides three days of practical, hands-on training in core project management concepts and techniques. The course extends PMBOK® concepts with supplemental, field-proven best practices that are effective in any project setting. Students are shown how to write a convincing project charter, establish project control through careful scope definition and management, track exact status through a resource-loaded schedule, eliminate issues through risk management, forecast and control costs, promote great communication and much more. The format is truly multimodal, with a mixture of exercises, simulations, group discussions, individual discovery and lecture. Every student receives a set of useful Project Management templates. This course is ideal for Project Managers who want an update on crucial concepts and techniques, or new project managers looking for a jump start in their new profession. All participants will return to their workplace better equipped to bring their projects to a successful conclusion.
This course assumes minimal experience with project work, although no specific prior PM training is required.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Project lifecycle and project environment
- Getting a project off to a good start
- Knowing who your stakeholders are
- Providing estimates you can live with
- Defining and managing scope, schedule and budget
- Establishing effective communication
- Procurement; Resource Planning
- Putting quality into the product
- Managing Project Risk
- Status Reports, Project Metrics and Earned Value
- Change Control; working with baselines
- Controlling cost
- Product delivery
- Lessons Learned
- A highly experienced instructor will use interactive lecture format, numerous hands-on exercises, team activities, group discussions, individual discovery and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material
- We will build on your prior experience in this topic, while providing you with a structure and vocabulary to use in future projects.
- If you have modest project management knowledge, you will find that the clarity of the material and direct presentation style of the instructor will make the subject matter easy to understand.
- You will receive a Student Guide which will help you follow the material, take notes and retain what you learned so that you can apply it on your job.
Duration: 3 days
- US$ 1,645
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request