Advanced Project Topics for the Business Manager (APTBM)
Who should attend
Business Managers, Technical Managers, Portfolio Managers; Executives, Managers of Project Managers, and anyone with business accountability for projects
- Advanced Project Topics for the Business Manager presents a practical approach to implementing projects in a way that can drive your Business Strategy forward. Take home a whole new set of tools and techniques.
- Take this PM course course and learn what you can do to ensure that you choose the right projects at the right time, give project teams what they need to succeed and then reap the benefits of the Business Value that they can deliver.
- If you are experiencing difficulties in your projects, the material in this Project Management course will give you an understanding of steps you can take to gain control.
- Experienced managers will obtain a vocabulary and framework from this Project Training that lends structure and perspective to the wealth of experience they already have.
- Project Management Training can give business managers insights into how they can more effectively manage their project staff.
Senior Managers have a unique outlook on projects. They are concerned not only with project success but also with the cumulative Business Value that those projects must ultimately generate. This means that to a Senior Manager, any project management methodology must lead the project team to plan and execute projects so that Business Value is optimized. Viewing project management through the lens of Portfolio Management provides us with just such a perspective.
Advanced Project Topics for the Business Manager presents current project management best practice along with a unique perspective on those aspects of project management where Senior Managers can directly influence project success. This course is a power-packed two day course that will show you specific steps you can take to ensure that your projects help realize your business goals.
This course assumes some knowledge of project management concepts and a basic understanding of project selection methods, but no specific prior PM training is required.
Learning Objectives include an understanding of:
- Why Project Portfolio Management is of key importance to every Business Manager
- How to pick the right projects
- Obtaining Business Value from your projects
- The Business Manager's view of Project Management
- The real source of project success and failure
- How to create an environment that supports projects
- Three ways to get your projects off to a strong start
- How to plan project budgets in the face of unreliable estimates
- Using meetings as a potent project tool
- Keeping your projects on track
- How to make project issues go away
- Ensuring effective delivery of the goods
- A highly experienced instructor will use interactive lecture format, numerous hands-on exercises, team activities, group discussions and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material
- We will build on your prior experience in this topic, while providing you with a structure and vocabulary to use in future projects.
- If you have modest project management knowledge, you will find that the clarity of the material and direct presentation style of the instructor will make the subject matter easy to understand.
- You will receive a Student Guide which will help you follow the material, take notes and retain what you learned so that you can apply it on your job.
Duration: 2 days
- US$ 1,095
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request