Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (6236)
This course covers how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization, how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
Who should attend
- IT professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping)
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including SQL Server Agent, SQL Server query language, SQL Server System tables, and SQL Server accounts
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components.
- Create a Reporting Services report.
- Enhance a Reporting Services report.
- Create and manipulate data sets.
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users.
- Configure report publishing and execution settings.
- Implement subscriptions for reports.
- Administer Reporting Services.
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Installing Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Tools
Module 2: Authoring Basic Reports
- Creating a Basic Table Report
- Formatting Report Pages
- Calculating Values
Module 3: Enhancing Basic Reports
- Interactive Navigation
- Displaying Data
Module 4: Manipulating Data Sets
- Defining Report Data
- Using Parameters and Filters
- Using Parameter Lists
Module 5: Using Report Models
- Creating Report Models
- Using Report Builder
Module 6: Publishing and Executing Reports
- Publishing Reports
- Executing Reports
- Creating Cached Instances
- Creating Snapshots and Report History
Module 7: Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
- Introduction to Report Subscriptions
- Creating Report Subscriptions
- Managing Report Subscriptions
Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
- Reporting Server Administration
- Performance and Reliability Monitoring
- Administering Report Server Databases
- Security Administration
- Upgrading to Reporting Services 2008
Module 9: Programming Reporting Services
- Querying for Server Information Using a Web Service
- Automating Report Management
- Rendering Reports
- Creating Custom Code
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Authoring Basic Reports
- Enhancing Basic Reports
- Manipulating Data Sets
- Using Report Models
- Publishing and Executing Reports
- Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
- Administering Reporting Services
- Programming Reporting Services