Introduction to SharePoint 2013 for Collaboration and Document Management (55029)
This ½ to full day class is designed for SharePoint team members who need to know how to use the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2013. This class can be delivered using a Site Collection on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
Who should attend
This course is intended for:
- SharePoint end users
- SharePoint Site Owners and Power Users who will be attending a SharePoint 2013 Site Owner class
- SharePoint administrators and developers
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Have basic Microsoft Office skills
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate SharePoint sites.
- Manage content in lists and libraries.
- Create and edit Alerts.
- Collaborate using Tasks lists and Discussion Boards.
- Work with libraries, including upload, download, editing, check out/in and versioning.
- Use the SharePoint social features
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: SharePoint Overview
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and gets a start in navigation.
- What is SharePoint?
- Getting Started
- Searching SharePoint
Module 2: Team Collaboration
This module covers the SharePoint Team Collaboration Features.
- SharePoint as a Collaboration Tool
- Team Site Components
- Working with Lists and Libraries
- The Recycle Bin
- Working with Task Lists
- Working with Calendars
- Working with Libraries
- Working with Notebooks
- Working with Discussion Boards
- Keeping up with Changes / Creating Alerts
- Synchronizing Content with Outlook and your PC
Module 3: Document Management
This module covers the use of SharePoint libraries.
- Document Libraries
- Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
- Library Navigation
- Opening Documents
- Checking Out Documents
- Uploading Documents
- Blocked File Types
- Creating Folders
- Creating New Documents
- Picture and Asset Libraries
Module 4: SharePoint Social Features
This module covers the SharePoint 2013 social features.
- Updating Your Profile
- Following Sites, Content and People
- Tagging and Rating Documents
Module 5: SkyDrive
This module covers the use of SharePoint SkyDrive.
- Storing work files in SharePoint
- Windows Live SkyDrive vs. SharePoint SkyDrive
- Synchronizing SkyDrive with your PC
- Sharing Files with Others
Module 6: The SharePoint Community Site
This module covers the use of the SharePoint 2013 Community Site.
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points