Visualizing SharePoint Business Intelligence with No Code (50561)
About this Course
No Code visualization means using the data structures that exist already to get the job done. You don't have the time or maybe the inclination to learn how to code but you need answers. I.T is always working through a backlog but your business situation is dynamic and rapidly changing and will not wait for any backlog. In this course you will learn how to get those answers without submitting a request and waiting.
Who should attend
The target audience of this course is for Power Analysts, Report Designers, Team Leads, SharePoint Administrators, Business Intelligence Developers and Project Managers that will be tasked with the implementation, support, management or training needed to rapidly empower the users to take advantage of the exploding world of business intelligence.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- It is recommended that each student individually or as part of their team go to The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI) and take their on line assessment to see where in the Business Intelligence life cycle they are at: http://tdwi.org/pages/assessments/benchmark-your-bi-maturity-with-tdwis-new-assessment-tool.aspx
- A good idea of what direction their organization wants to go with Business Intelligence
- Or a desire to see what they can do once they have the infrastructure in place.
- Basic Microsoft interface skills such as working with Excel or in a browser window
What You Will Learn
Why this course may be for you:
- You have the infrastructure but getting reports generated out of I.T. just takes to long.
- Lack of insight into what has happened is hampering your ability to move forward.
- You need or want to use the web browser as your source of information so that it is as accessable as the internet.
- You want to take advantage of the SharePoint deployment to manage the data connections, report objects, dashboards KPI's etc.
- You need to rapidly prototype reports for changing conditions
- You want to move from textual reports to graphical reporting.
- You are tasked with implementing Six Sigma type reports using Visio Data Driven objects
- Your organization wants to implement analysis based on automatically updating data
- You need to implement a Single Source of The Truth structure.
- You need to understand the effectiveness of the reports and dashboards from the perspective of the consumers by a easy social networking polling system.
- You need an understanding of the tools that are available and how to determine which is the target audience for those tools.
- You need to implement actionable dashboards to allow line mangers to rapidly take action
Outline: Visualizing SharePoint Business Intelligence with No Code (50561)
Module 1: Introduction
This module explains how the class will be structured and introduces course materials and additional administrative information.
- What does NO Code mean?
- How to get the most out of this course
- The course setup
- What is not covered
Lab : Introduction
- Explore the Course Environment
Module 2: Business Intelligence Overview
This module brings everybody up to the same point in their knowledge of Business Intelligence, what it is capable of, problems you may encounter and encouraging case studies.
- Why Business Intelligence
- Why do Business Intelligence Projects fail?
- The Three Types of Business Intelligence Projects
- Business Intelligence Time Scopes
- Some Great Features in SQL for Business Intelligence
Lab : Business Intelligence Overview
- Examine and run a prebuilt SQL Integration Services Package that performs an Extract Transform and Load into a Datamart.
- Examine the effects of the Proactive data cache to automatically update data.
Module 3: How to Match the Tool to the User
- Determine the type(s) of users
- Determine the maturity of your organizational Business Intelligence
- The target of the tools
- High level overview of each tool
Lab : How to Match the Tool to the User
- Examine the toolsets
- Dashboard Designer
- Report Builder 3.0
- SharePoint Designer
- In Browser Customization
Module 4: The Data Mart/Warehouse
- What is a Data Mart?
- What is Microsoft Analysis Services?
- Business Intelligence Terminology
- A fast and easy way as a proof of concept
Lab : The Data Mart/Warehouse
- Create a Datamart using the UDM Wizard
- Use SQL Management Studio to browse the data
Module 5: Data Sources
- What is Trusted Data?
- Where can we pull data from?
- What might we have to do?
- Using Social Networks
- The Data Sources
Lab : Data Sources
- Create data sources
Module 6: Business Intelligence in SharePoint
- What does SharePoint add?
- How can workflows be used in Business Intelligence?
- Quick tour of terms
Lab : Business Intelligence in SharePoint
- Utilize the management capability features of SharePoint
- Examine security of stored objects
- Use a workflow in SharePoint
Module 7: SharePoint Business Center
- Exploring the Business Center
- The built in features
- Adding other features
- Adding social network features to your internal Business Intelligence
- Creating Sub-Sites
- Customizing the Business Center
Lab : SharePoint Business Center
- Create a SharePoint Business Center
- Explore the features of the SharePoint Business Center
- Create a sub site
- Add Social Networking into your site
Module 8: PerformancePoint Services
- What is PerformancePoint Services (with Service pack 1)
- Dashboard Designer
- Further Study
Lab : PerformancePoint Services
- Use PerformancePoint Services to create all of the PerformancePoint Objects
- Publish a Dashboard
Module 9: Excel Services
- What is Excel Services
- A Single Source of the Truth
- What Excel Services is not
- Publishing with Excel Services
- Interacting with published Excel workbooks
Lab : Excel Services
- Publish a Workbook to Excel Services
- Interact with the workbook
- Drive a KPI off a workbook
Module 10: PowerPivot in Excel and SharePoint
- What is PowerPivot
- Using the Excel PowerPivot add in
- Using PowerPivot for SharePoint
Lab : PowerPivot in Excel and SharePoint
- Use PowerPivot in Excel
- Publish a PowerPivot enabled workbook to SharePoint
Module 11: Visio and Visio Services
- What is Visio Services
- Using Data Connected Visio Drawings
Lab : Visio and Visio Services
- Create a data driven Visio drawing
- Publish the drawing to Visio Services
Module 12: SQL Reporting Services
- Advantages of Integrated Installation
- Report Builder 3.0
- Creating Graphs
- Creating Maps
- Creating Gauges
- Creating reusable Report Parts
Lab : SQL Reporting Services
- Use Report Builder 3.0 to create graphs, gauges, maps and report parts
- Publish the objects to SharePoint
Module 13: Business Connectivity Services
- What is Business Connectivity Services?
- Using BCS in SharePoint
Lab : Business Connectivity Services
- Use SharePoint Designer to create an External List with Business Connectivity Services
- Publish the External List into SharePoint
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|May 15-19, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Buenos_Aires|
|May 8-12, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|
|May 15-19, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Lima Course language: Spanish|