Deploying and Administering Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server, Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint, and Microsoft Forefront Server Security Management Console (50094)
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to deploy and administer Microsoft Forefront Server Security products. This two-day class includes lecture and hands-on labs (covering several server products) and was developed by Microsoft Consulting Services using their detailed implementation knowledge and best practices.
Who should attend
This course is intended for technical deployment specialists and senior-level administrators who manage a Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies infrastructure or security practice.
Before attending this course, students must have Windows Server certifications or deployment experience and be familiar with the Forefront product line: Client, Server, and Edge.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe aspects of the multiple engine settings and the balance of information versus performance in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Discuss how transport scanning works in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Identify and understand the differences between default mode and outbreak mode protection, and understand the file, content, and keyword filtering options available with Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Identify components and services within Forefront Security for SharePoint.
- Use Forefront Security for SharePoint filters and templates to define scanning options.
- Understand Forefront Security for SharePoint diagnostics, logging, and statistics gathered during maintenance and from notifications.
- Understand the various alerts and reporting features available in Forefront Server Security Management Console.
- Identify the eight Management Console job categories and the basic role of each classification
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Forefront Security for Exchange Server Deployment Planning
- Forefront Security for Exchange Server Overview
- E-Mail Transport Scanning
- Store Scanning
- FSE Premium Anti-Spam Features with Exchange 2007
- Using Filters
- Settings and Templates
- Managing Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- Diagnostics and Logging
Lab : Protecting Exchange Server Against Viruses
- Scanning Messages for Viruses
- Using File Filtering to Block Attachments
Module 2: Forefront Security for SharePoint
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Overview
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Scanning
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Using Filters and Templates
- Forefront Security for SharePoint Maintenance and Notifications
Lab : Protecting SharePoint Servers
- Scanning Documents for Viruses
- Running a Manual Scan Job
- Using Keyword Filtering and Notifications
- Updating Scan Engines
Module 3: Forefront Server Security Management Console
- Security and Access Offerings
- System Requirements
- Forefront Server Security Management Console Features
- Managing Packages
- Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) Support
- FSSMC Redundancy
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Microsoft FSSMC Summary
Lab : Using Forefront Server Security Management Console
- Configuring Forefront Server Security Management Console
- Using Jobs in FSSMC to Manage Forefront Servers
- Managing Reports and Quarantine Items with FSSMC