Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications (20695)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
This 5-day, hand-on course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a lite-touch or zero-touch deployment solution for Windows devices and apps. Solutions covered in this course include operating system deployment scenarios using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Who should attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium/large/enterprise organizations, and for individuals who are interested in taking exam 70-695.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
What You Will Learn
- Assess the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment.
- Determine operating system deployment strategies.
- Assess application compatibility.
- Plan and implement user state migration.
- Determine an image management strategy.
- Prepare for deployments using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK).
- Support PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments.
- Implement operating system deployment by using the MDT.
- Implement operating system deployment by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Integrate MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment.
- Activate clients and manage additional configuration settings.
- Deploy Office 2013.
Outline: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications (20695)
Module 1: Assessing the Network Environment for Supporting Operating System and Application Deployment
- Overview of the Enterprise Desktop Life Cycle
- Assessing Hardware and Infrastructure Readiness for a Desktop Deployment
- Using MAP to Assess Deployment Readiness
Module 2: Determining Operating System Deployment Strategies
- Tools and Deployment Strategies for an Effective Operating System Deployment Strategy
- Operating System Deployment Using High-Touch with Retail Media
- Operating System Deployment Using High-Touch with Standard Image
- Operating System Deployment Using Lite-Touch
- Operating System Deployment Using Zero-Touch
- Alternative Deployment Strategies for Windows Desktops
Module 3: Assessing Application Compatibility
- Diagnosing Application Compatibility Issues
- Mitigating Application Compatibility Issues
- Using ACT to Address Application Compatibility Issues
Module 4: Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Overview of User State Migration
- Overview of USMT 5.0
- Planning User State Migration
- Migrating User State by Using USMT
Module 5: Determining an Image Management Strategy
- Overview of the Windows Image File Format
- Overview of Image Management
Module 6: Preparing For Deployments Using Windows ADK
- Overview of the Windows Setup and Installation Process
- Preparing Boot Images Using Windows PE
- Automating and Preparing the Installation of an Image Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
Module 7: Supporting PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Overview of PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Installing and Configuring the Windows DS Environment
Module 8: Implementing Operating System Deployment by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Planning for the MDT Environment
- Implementing MDT 2013
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
Module 9: Implementing Operating System Deployment by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Overview of Operating System Deployment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Deploying an Operating System Image
Module 10: Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for Operating System Deployment
- Integrating Deployment Tools with Configuration Manager
- Reviewing the Features Provided by Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager
Module 11: Activating Clients and Managing Additional Configuration Settings
- Volume License Activation Solutions
- Determining Additional Configuration Client Settings
Module 12: Deploying Office 2013
- Methods for Deploying Microsoft Office 2013 Editions
- Customizing Office Deployments
- Deploying Office 2013 from Office 365
- Considerations for Deploying Office 2013 Using App-V
- Managing Office Settings
Assessing the Network Environment for Supporting Operating System and Application Deployment
- Collecting Hardware and Application Inventory by Using Configuration Manager
- Determining Infrastructure Readiness by Using MAP
Determining Operating System Deployment Strategies
- Identifying Operating System Deployment Strategies for a Small Network
- Identifying Operating System Deployment Strategies for a Medium-Sized Network
- Identifying Operating System Deployment Strategies for an Enterprise Network
- Installing the Windows Automated Deployment Kit
Assessing Application Compatibility
- Analyzing Applications for Potential Compatibility Issues
- Mitigating Application Compatibility Issues
Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Planning for User State Migration
- Creating and Customizing USMT XML Files
- Capturing and Restoring User State by Using USMT
Determining an Image Management Strategy
- Assessing Business Requirements to Support an Image Management Strategy
Preparing the Imaging and Windows PE Environment
Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Building Custom Answer Files by Using Windows SIM
- Installing a Reference Computer by Using a Custom Answer File
- Customizing Image in Audit Mode and Preserve the Profile Changes Using Sysprep
Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Capturing a Reference System Image
- Servicing a Reference Image
Configuring Windows DS to Support PXE and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Planning the Windows DS Environment
- Installing and Configuring the Windows DS Server Role
Operating System Deployment using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Planning for the MDT Environment
- Installing MDT 2013 and Prerequisites
- Creating and Configuring the MDT 2013 Deployment Share
- Deploying and Capturing a Reference Operating System Image
Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Managing Site System Roles Used to Support Operating System Deployment
- Managing Packages to Support Operating System Deployment
Deploying Operating System Images for Bare-Metal Installations
- Preparing the Operating System Image
- Creating a Task Sequence to Deploy an Image
- Deploying an Image
Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for Operating System Deployment
|Apr 10-14, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||San Francisco, CA *|
|May 22-26, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Jul 17-21, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Oct 30-Nov 3, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Dec 4-8, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Jun 19-27, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 19/06, 20/06, 26/06, 27/06|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|