Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions (20532)
This course is intended for students who have experience building vertically scaled applications. Students will also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on the considerations necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
Who should attend
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions.
Before attending this course, you must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of ASP.NET and C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
- Compare services available in the Azure platform
- Configure and deploy ASP.NET web applications
- Creating Azure WebSites from the gallery
- Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages
- Create and manage a Storage account
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- Create a virtual network
- Implement a point to site network
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (10979) will help you prepare for this course and meet all of the above requirements.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- Configure and deploy ASP.NET web applications.
- Creating Azure WebSites from the gallery.
- Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites.
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines.
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines.
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages.
- Create and manage a Storage account.
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account.
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database.
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Create a virtual network.
- Implement a point to site network.
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Development using the Microsoft Azure Platform
- Azure Services
- Management Portals
Module 2: Establishing a Development Environment using Azure Virtual Machines
- Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
- Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
Module 3: Managing Infrastructure in Azure
- Azure Virtual Networks
- Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Configuration Management
- Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
Module 4: Web Infrastructure in the Azure Platform
- Azure Web Sites
- Hosting Web Applications in Azure
- Configuring an Azure Web Site
- Publishing an Azure Web Site
- Monitoring an Azure Web Site
Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
- Building High Performance Applications using ASP.NET
- Common Cloud Application Patterns
- Caching Application Data
Module 6: Processing Background Logic using Azure
- Understanding Cloud Services
- Cloud Service Web Roles
- Customizing Cloud Service Configurations
- Updating and Managing Azure Cloud Service Deployments
- Cloud Service Worker Roles
- Cloud Service Worker Role Processing
- Caching Data using Roles
- Analyzing Applications in Cloud Service Role Instances
Module 7: Storing Tabular Data in Azure
- Azure SQL Databases Overview
- Managing SQL Databases in Azure
- Using Azure SQL Databases with SQL Server Data Tools
- Migrating Data to Azure SQL Databases
- Replication and Recovery of Azure SQL Database Instances
- Azure Storage Overview
- Azure Storage Tables Overview
- Table Entity Transactions
Module 8: Storing Files and Media in Azure
- Azure Storage Blobs
- Controlling Access to Storage Blobs & Containers
- Monitoring Storage Blobs
- Configuring Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Files
- Uploading and Migrating Storage Data
Module 9: Storing Data in Queues using Azure
- Queue Mechanisms in Azure
- Azure Storage Queues Overview
- Handling Storage Queue Messages
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
Module 10: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
- Azure SDK Client Libraries
- Scripting Azure Service Management using PowerShell
- Azure REST Interface
- Azure Resource Manager
Module 11: Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Directories
- Azure AD Access Control Service
- Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication
Module 12: Deploying Web Applications to Azure
- Deployment Strategies for Web Applications
- Deploying Azure Web Sites
- Deploying Azure Cloud Services
- Continuous Integration
- Monitoring Cloud Applications
- Create a Logical Network using Azure
- Create a Development Virtual Machine using Azure
- Configure the Virtual Machine for Development
- Create an Image from the Virtual Machine
- Create the Database Virtual Machine
- Create the Application Virtual Machines
- Connect the Test Application to the SQL Server Virtual Machine
- Modify the Application Virtual Machine into a Web Server
- Create an Azure Web Site
- Deploy an ASP.NET Web Application to a Azure Web Site
- Configure an Azure Web Site
- Create a C# Class Library
- Add the Class Library to a Cloud Service Project
- Debug Worker Roles in a Cloud Service Project
- Creating an Azure SQL Instance
- Using Entity Framework with Azure SQL
- Populating the Sign-In Form with Registrant Names
- Updating the Events Website to use Storage Tables
- Verify that the Events Web Site is using Azure Storage Tables for Registrations
- Implement Azure Storage Blobs
- Populating the Container with Files and Media
- Retrieving Files and Media From the Container
- Specifying Permissions for the Container
- Create an Azure Service Bus Namespace
- Use Azure Queue Storage For Document Generation
- Use Service Bus Queues for Document Generation
- Use Service Bus Relay to Connect a WCF Service and Client[s]
- Prepare Azure PowerShell Environment
- Use PowerShell to Create and Access a Website
- Use a Resource Template to Create Multiple Pre-Configured Resources
- Create an Azure AD Directory
- Secure an Existing ASP.NET Web Application
- Integrate Azure AD with ASP.NET Identity
- Create the Target Azure Services for Deployment
- Manage Configuration Settings for a Cloud Web Application
- Deploy the Web Applications to Azure
- Monitor the Web Applications in Azure