Advanced Windows Store App Development Using C# (20485)
About this Course
This course you will learn advanced programming practices and techniques that will help you develop Windows Store apps. In this course, you will learn how design and develop Windows Store apps, as well as implement advanced features, such as using location information, streaming media to external devices, and integrating with online services. You will also learn how to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Expression Blend tools.
This course maps to the 70-485 exam.
Who should attend
This course is intended for professional developers who have one or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment and who are comfortable programming in C# and XAML to create Windows Store apps.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 6 – 12 months experience programming in C#
- 3 – 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including experience using preview builds)
- 1 month of experience working on Windows Store apps
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Review basic Windows Store app concepts and how Windows Store apps integrate with the Windows 8.1 ecosystem.
- Explore the built-in WinRT animation library and storyboards, and apply transitions and transformations.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI and apply language-specific formatting to a multi-lingual app.
- Create and present a successful splash screen, and differentiate your app with branding.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Work with custom and template controls, and create and consume a WinRT component.
- Print using the Printing API and explore the Play To API.
- Explore the Push Notification Service (WNS), and work with push notifications.
- Use the CameraCaptureUI API and the MediaCapture API.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover sensors, test their availability, and handle sensor events and device availability, and enumerate devices and their capabilities and properties and use the capabilities.
Outline: Advanced Windows Store App Development Using C# (20485)
Module 1: Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials – Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Using Animations
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless UI
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Branding Your App’s UI
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Working with Custom and Templated Controls
- Creating and Using WinRT Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- The Play To Contract
- The Print Contract
- Integrating Contacts and Calendars
- Support PDF files and screenshots
- Integrating Speech Synthesis
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service
- Introduction to The Push Notification Service
- Communicating with the WNS
Module 9: Capturing Media
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Module 10: Background Tasks
- Creating Background Tasks
- Using Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with Your Windows Store App
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implementing In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Analyzing a Windows Store App
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App
- Creating Animations in a Windows Store App
- Creating Transitions in a Windows Store App
- Creating and Consuming the Resource Files
- Applying Culture-Specific Formatting
- Creating a Customize Splash Screen
- Branding a Windows Store App
- Caching Data
- Creating and Using a Custom Control
- Using a WinRT Component
- Printing a Single Page
- Printing Multiple Pages
- Adding PDF support
- Manage a Windows Notification Service Channel
- Capturing Video by Using the CameraCaptureUI API
- Capturing an Image by Using the MediaCapture API
- Transfer Files in the Background
- Create and Consume a Background Task
- Using the SimpleOrientationSensor
- Using Location Services
- Using Geofencing
- Use Windows.Store Classes to Support Trial App Conversion
- Implement In-App Purchasing in an App
- Use ACS Authentication
- Encrypt User Information
- Profiling Performance
- Profiling Memory Usage
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apr 18-21, 2017||Frankfurt 4 days|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Hamburg|
|Jun 26-30, 2017||Berlin|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Aug 21-25, 2017||Düsseldorf|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Munich|
|Oct 16-20, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Nov 13-17, 2017||Hamburg|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Berlin|
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Milan|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Rome|
|Oct 9-13, 2017||Milan|
|Nov 27-Dec 1, 2017||Rome|
|May 9-17, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 09/05,10/05,16/05,17/05|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/06|
|Jun 6-Jul 14, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/07|
|Jul 5-13, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 05/07,06/07,12/07,13/07|